RIP Tomas Reich - SGP Chile by Paul Agnew
From Facebook: Sad news from the last race day; Local Chile pilot Tomas Reich had an accident on the ridges south of Santiago. The Chile SAR recovered Tomas and took him by helicopter to the hospital in Santiago. Unfortunately Tomas died during the evening from the injuries he sustained during the...
by Paul T[_4_] Go to last post
18 104 Soaring
How Many Clubs Still Have A 1-26? by [email protected]
Folks, I'm doing an informal survey. How many of you are members of a club that still has a 1-26 in your club fleet?
by Miloch Go to last post
0 1 Aviation Photos
Today 03:54 PM
by Miloch Go to last post
0 1 Aviation Photos
Tugan Gannet by Miloch
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tugan_Gannet The Tugan LJW7 Gannet, also known later as the Wackett Gannet after its designer Lawrence Wackett, was a small twin-engined airliner built by Tugan Aircraft in Australia in the 1930s. It was the first Australian-designed aircraft to enter series...
Today 03:52 PM
by Miloch Go to last post
0 1 Aviation Photos
Ground School Presentation Materials by [email protected]
Hi All, I am a fairly new CFI-G, just completed my second season teaching. at a small but growing club. One area of opportunity we have for improvement is in preparing our students for the written and oral exams. To help with this I am thinking of running my first ground school. I am looking...
by JD Williams Go to last post
10 75 Soaring
Looping a standard cirrus by [email protected]
Who has done a loop in a standard cirrus? Any comments or hints. Currently getting some acro training with the goal of looping my cirrus.
Treasure Coast Soaring by [email protected]
We are now accepting applications for our new club located in Vero Beach, Florida. Hangar space is available for both assembled and trailered sailplanes. this is a great opportunity to store your ship for the winter months here in beautiful Vero Beach. Tows are available daily, you will not find a...
Dear Sean Fidler by Ben Hughes
Get a grip man. Using the death of a pilot at a competition yesterday as a carrier for a self-obsessed monologue about how right you were to turn down your invitation to the event? Classy stuff. I see you're also deleting comments from and banning from your Sean's Sociopathing Page anyone...
Today 11:15 AM
by Jim White[_3_] Go to last post
1 26 Aviation Photos
Today 04:45 AM
by joet5[_2_] Go to last post
0 9 Aviation Photos
Today 04:45 AM
by joet5[_2_] Go to last post
0 9 Aviation Photos
Today 04:45 AM
by joet5[_2_] Go to last post
0 9 Aviation Photos
Today 04:45 AM
by joet5[_2_] Go to last post
0 9 Aviation Photos
Today 04:45 AM
by joet5[_2_] Go to last post
0 9 Aviation Photos
Today 04:45 AM
by joet5[_2_] Go to last post
0 9 Aviation Photos
Today 04:45 AM
by joet5[_2_] Go to last post
0 9 Aviation Photos
Today 04:45 AM
by joet5[_2_] Go to last post
0 9 Aviation Photos
Today 04:45 AM
by joet5[_2_] Go to last post
0 9 Aviation Photos
Today 04:45 AM
by joet5[_2_] Go to last post
0 9 Aviation Photos
Waikerie by JS[_5_]
Yesterday (Friday, 19th) was the last day of the Australian Multi-Class Nationals, and a great day to end it on. There were climbs to 14,000' (field elevation a couple of hundred) and fast cruises. I stayed up until midnight watching the finishes on gtrack. It was an area task, which is not as easy...
Yesterday 10:46 PM
by JS[_5_] Go to last post
5 41 Soaring
1 Attachment(s) That's one helluva tailwind by Byker
JFK-LHR in 5 hrs. 13 min. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5KCIph3NH4 I wonder if the return trip would necessitate a stop in Newfoundland...
Yesterday 09:34 PM
by Byker Go to last post
4 23 Aviation Photos
Wilbur On An Airplane by Kevin Christner
In the Chile Grand Prix thread our good friend Sean Fidler (Wilbur) makes an impassioned plea he couldn’t possibly be Wilbur because he was on an airplane with several fellow soaring pilots when the latest Wilbur post appeared. Of course such protestations assume that 1) said pilots (if they...
Yesterday 09:18 PM
by Kevin Christner Go to last post