Cheaper tows? by Tony[_5_]
http://www.wired.com/autopia/2013/07/cng-airplane/ could be perfect for a club towplane since we fuel up at the club field 99.9% of the time.
by Martin Gregorie[_6_] Go to last post
24 389 Soaring
How does an aerotow rope break in two places? by son_of_flubber
True story. A couple years ago I ran the wing for a glider that aerotowed into rotor. The rope broke. Both aircraft and both tost rings made it back to the airfield. The rope broke at both ends. How is that even possible?
Yesterday 09:46 PM
by James Metcalfe Go to last post
6 24 Soaring
ASW-19 Maximum Weight by Ouroboros
Hello. I'm looking for a sailplane with my partner and we've come across a very nice ASW-19 that we are interested in. The aircraft has a maximum pilot weight of 196 pounds, which my partner just barely squeaks under with a parachute and will probably be over with drinking water and any other...
by Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) Go to last post
18 74 Soaring
Refinishing Ventus b Fuselage by Richard Pfiffner[_2_]
Pictures and process for refinishing a ventus b fuselage. Work in progress pictures and process as work is completed. http://www.craggyaero.com/ventus.htm Richard www.craggyaero.com
by Richard Pfiffner[_2_] Go to last post
24 125 Soaring
Michigan Ohio Indiana Pilots Rent DG-505 in Florida by [email protected]
Michigan, Indiana, Ohio Glider Pilots: Sandhill Soaring Club is considering making its DG-505 (N505DS) available for rent to club members for $50/hour in sunny Florida from December through end of March at Seminole Lake Gliderport. Pilots would need to be checked out in Michigan before...
Something NEW: Bell Demonstrates Distributed Propulsion Aircraft by Larry Dighera
A "quad-copter" design with a wing! I would expect this design philosophy to provide higher speeds and reduced energy consumption compared to wingless types. ...
Yesterday 02:56 PM
by Larry Dighera Go to last post
1 232 Piloting
ASG32MI water ballast by Fassin Pierre
Hello, I am looking for some help concerning the water ballast in the TAIL of the ASG32. Don't know what happens but since some time now, it takes 45 minutes to fill or empty the 5 liters in the tail. It used to be 3 or 4 minutes... So, obviously, something blocks... I verified the cabling under...
Yesterday 10:07 AM
by Rhubarb[_2_] Go to last post
9 71 Soaring
Bob Harris by [email protected]
Bob Harris passed away on Oct 6, 2018. He was 86 years old. Bob set the world gliding altitude record on Feb. 17, 1986 with a flight to 49,009 feet out of California City. This was the culmination of a sustained and extensive effort that had started 6 years earlier, first with a partner and later...
Yesterday 03:55 AM
Towrope tensions....Part II by Retting
Looking for towrope tensions information applied during a typical AERO tow. Singles and twins up to 600kg/ 1500#. Perhaps testing was done back in the 60’s before Al Gore invented the internet. Prefer some numbers over methods of achieving. The Uganda Information Award is still in play .......
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
Yesterday 03:20 AM