US Sectional Charts by 2KA
If you like sectional charts (and I do), you may be interested to know that up-to-date, downloadable sectional charts are available for the most popular soaring flight planning software. Just visit the Sectionals tab on my website at http://www.soaringdata.info to find: - CMR format files for...
Yesterday 08:36 PM
by 2KA Go to last post
9 60 Soaring
Flarm suppression of ADS-B out on Tow Planes by [email protected]
For those towing behind tow planes equipped with ADS-B out (1090MHz), a new version of PowerFlarm firmware 6.67 is now available which should suppress the collision warning from the tow plane's ADS-B out. Below are release notes. Version 6.67 Published 04 March 2019 Platforms Build Expiration All...
by Darryl Ramm Go to last post
28 60 Soaring
Life glider hours with winch by [email protected]
Hi all. I listened from some pilots that the glider life hours reduce if you use winch start. Is that true? I looked for some data about and I did not found. have a nice day, José.
by Bob Kuykendall Go to last post
20 44 Soaring
Salida, CO flying this summer? by joesimmers[_2_]
Any glider flying camps, groups etc. in Salida this summer? Thanks for any info, Joe
by kinsell Go to last post
11 60 Soaring
New Horten wing wing by Jonathan St. Cloud
https://www.flyer.co.uk/world-debut-for-horten-flying-wing-at-aero/?fbclid=IwAR3pS0kLC0GNBTYGdBH2Uu2L4TfISSPagO5kqvvOMtyRcgA510lUM7Lu7N8
Yesterday 06:19 PM
by Jonathan St. Cloud Go to last post
0 12 Soaring
Cobra Trailer Emergency Brake Experience by [email protected]
I have been having bad luck with trailers recently. Here is what happened a few days ago, maybe someone will benefit from hearing about my misfortune: Best I can figure, the Cobra trailer emergency brake application cable (which attaches to the bottom of the brake handle and clips to the tow...
by Jonathan St. Cloud Go to last post
44 181 Soaring
Extra pilot averted disaster on previous (Illinois headquartered)Boeing 737 Max 8 flight - report by Burr-head Airlines
(CNN)An off-duty pilot in the cockpit of a Boeing 737 Max 8 jet jumped in to help crew disable a malfunctioning flight-control system as it experienced difficulties in October, according to Bloomberg. The next day, with a different crew, the same plane crashed into the sea off Jakarta, killing...
Yesterday 12:27 PM
by Burr-head Airlines Go to last post
0 15 Piloting
Doomed Boeing Jets Lacked 2 Safety Features That Company Sold Only asExtras by Burr-head Airlines
As the pilots of the doomed Boeing jets in Ethiopia and Indonesia fought to control their planes, they lacked two notable safety features in their cockpits. One reason: Boeing charged extra for them. For Boeing and other aircraft manufacturers, the practice of charging to upgrade a standard...
Yesterday 11:11 AM
by Burr-head Airlines Go to last post
0 13 Piloting
Cockpit voice recorder of doomed Lion Air jet depicts pilots' franticsearch for fix, sources say by Burr-head Airlines
It is the first time the voice recorder contents from the Lion Air flight have been made public. The three sources discussed them on condition of anonymity. Just two minutes into the flight, the first officer reported a “flight control problem” to air traffic control and said the pilots...
Yesterday 10:46 AM
by Burr-head Airlines Go to last post
0 13 Piloting
Crashed burr-head jets reportedly lacked key safety features becauseBoeing charged extra for them by Burr-head Airlines
Boeing jets in Ethiopia and Indonesia lacked two safety features in their cockpits because the company charged extra to install them. The features could have helped the pilots detect erroneous readings, which some experts believe might be connected to the planes’ failures, The New York Times...
Yesterday 07:35 AM
by Burr-head Airlines Go to last post
0 13 Piloting
Florida Soaring Conditions in August- Seminole by Neil McLaughlin[_3_]
I have a work trip to Orlando coming up in August and have the option to stay on for a few days afterwards. I was thinking about visiting Seminole Lake and doing some flying out of there. My first question is will the weather be good to make it worthwhile? I can see it could be quite hot and...
Yesterday 06:49 AM
by Bob Youngblood Go to last post
6 54 Soaring
Solution Manual Introduction to Communication Systems (Upamanyu Madhow) by [email protected]
I require the solution manual to Introduction to Communication Systems by Upamanyu Madhow. Thanks a lot in advance!
Yesterday 06:15 AM
DNN aircraft detection by [email protected]
Not sure how practical for gliders but for powered aircraft seems useful to augment ADSB. They have tested in an around Edwards and could detect gliders. Just need to find a way to keep bugs off the camera lens. https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2019/03/20/jetson-tx2-aircraft-safety/ Darren
Yesterday 01:57 AM
by WB Go to last post