US team silence by John Cochrane[_3_]
In the entire club, 15, and standard WGC, the US team posted a grand total of two pilot reports about what was going on https://ussoaringteams.org/#news Clearly there were lots of lessons learned here! US team: you want our support. You want our money. You want our volunteer time. And yet you...
Today 07:41 PM
by John Cochrane[_3_] Go to last post
0 2 Soaring
Kawa to the lead... by [email protected]
at the 15 meter WC, in an ASG-29.
Dittel FSG 2T for sale (USA) by [email protected]
$690, very good condition, photos and contact info on Wings & Wheels miscellaneous for sale.
Wgc's by Paul T[_4_]
What is disappointing is how the new handicaps have played out in Club Class - now to be competitive it looks like you need to buy a ship costing at least 10k more than you would have had previously. Way to go FAI with your constant efforts to turning soaring into a 'rich persons sport',...
Today 06:29 PM
by Dan Daly[_2_] Go to last post
1 1 Soaring
Ventus 3F - Fatal by Jock Proudfoot
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/new- mexico/articles/2018-07-11/albuquerque-man-dies-in-glider-crash- near-moriarty-airport
by George Haeh Go to last post
39 330 Soaring
Silent Skies by [email protected]
I live in Great Meadows, NJ, about 4 miles northwest of Hackettstown Airport. This is a nice clear Saturday morning, and usually I would hear the occasional airplane engine as some SEL passes nearby, even once in a while the distinctive sound of a radial. But not today. And why? Because...
2 1 Soaring
Dream Panel by 2G
As you may already know, I am ordering a new ASH31Mi. I am in the process of coming up with the panel layout and instrument selection. I would love to here from other pilots what they consider to be their dream panel (cost is not an issue). Tom
Capacity flask sizes for older PZL and Winter varios. by [email protected]
One of the varios just failed in my older glider. The Winter 5m/s is kaput. There's also a 1m/s unit that appears to be working. Both are from 1963. A friend gave me a PZL 10kt unit that appears to be working. He can't remember what it came out of. Anyone have specs on these older units? I would...
Today 02:35 PM
by Andrzej Kobus Go to last post
3 16 Soaring
Glider on ESPN at German Gran Prix by [email protected]
Anyone else catch the Glider thermalling low over Hockenheimring yesterday morning, during German Gran Prix free practice 2? Kudos to Paul di Resta of ESPN for knowing and explaining to the viewers how the glider uses the hot air rising up off the the track.
LS6b and D (seperately) ittel FSG2T by Dan M
I recently purchased an LS6B and was hoping for some assistance working the kinks out of it before flying. The canopy comes up and cocks off to (I think) the left. I was told this can be "shimmed." Indeed there were two rather large "nuts" near the base of the canopy that appear to adjust this....
Emailing contest flight log to scorer by [email protected]
From the cockpit, I want to transfer my flight log to my phone and email it to the contest scorer. If your IGC approved logger is Bluetooth equipped and it is paired to your phone, is it just a simple matter of downloading log to phone and emailing the file? Are there any "security" issues or 3rd...
Today 05:29 AM
by SoaringXCellence Go to last post
8 57 Soaring
AK-X swept wing sailplane by Mike C
Not much happening the past two years? https://akaflieg-karlsruhe.de/tag/12-modell/ Anyone know of further progress? Mike
by Bruce Hoult Go to last post
22 124 Soaring
So the Discus 2 is 20 years old this year. by Paul T[_4_]
Makes you wonder it all that time why there hasn't been a better performing Standard Class machine. Have we reached the limits of modern unflapped aerodynamics, or is simply that there is no perceived demand for a new standard glass glider and therefore not economic to produce?
by 2G Go to last post
10 158 Soaring
Need a new axle for my eberle trailer .... by Peter Deane[_2_]
Hi All My Std Cirrus trailer (eberle) needs a new torsion axle with a handbrake... cant find one in US? Any one else had this problem ? Hoping there is some experience on sourcing one of these ... Help much appreciated Peter Deane (2T)
Yesterday 11:51 PM
by 2G Go to last post
8 24 Soaring
Spray insulation for aluminum trailers by [email protected]
How does one go about having insulation installed inside an aluminum trailer? Are there specific spray-on materials that are commonly applied that auto repair/painting shops would know how to work with? Are there some specific materials one should avoid? Seems like the material needs to be...
grob main wheel and brake disk by Scott Williams
does anyone know the Parker/Cleveland part number for the brake Disk used on a Grob Twin II fixed gear which used a Cleveland caliper? Glider made about 1981. I'm aware of the Dot 3/4 compatible O-ring used in the caliper. Thanks, Scott
Yesterday 09:55 PM
by Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) Go to last post