TOW PLANE Accident by Richard Garrity
Skyline Soaring Club has suffered a tragic loss of a member in the crash of our tow plane. The accident occurred on October 7th while towing an ASK21.. The glider released at very low altitude and returned safely to the airport. The NTSB is investigating and factual information is shown on their...
Battery safety (againish) by Jonathan St. Cloud
Was wondering if others had read and were doing this: https://www.dg-flugzeugbau.de/wp-content/uploads/filebase/Data/serviceinfos-en/2019-103-e.pdf The ASG-29E has a gas tank directly above two batteries used to power flight instruments.
by 2G Go to last post
12 61 Soaring
Recirculate cockpit air to keep feet warm? by [email protected]
As we know, flying in wave with the sun shining, much of the cockpit stays reasonably warm, but the feet, down in the shade, get cold. So, as I'm here at home on a cold night with a fan helping distribute the heat from the wood stove to another room, it occurred to me that something like that may...
There is a new LXNAV user group on google groups by Jonathan St. Cloud
There is a new LXNAV user group on google
Salida, CO flying this summer? by joesimmers[_2_]
Any glider flying camps, groups etc. in Salida this summer? Thanks for any info, Joe
Yesterday 03:38 PM
by joesimmers[_2_] Go to last post
4 27 Soaring
K8b restoration by John Foster
I was given a junked K8b due to water damage to the wood at the wing root and multiple tears in the original fabric and chipped/peeling paint. However, it looks like it may be restorable (worth it, that's another story). Anyway, I'm interested to know if there is an online repair manual that lays...
Borgelt Dynamis variometer by Mike Borgelt[_2_]
Well we finally got all the algorithms right and the plus and minus signs in the right places. It took a lot longer than we thought until we made a testing breakthrough. One day the story will get told. Our beta testers report they are very happy and could not fault it. Search Youtube for Borgelt...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
Yesterday 07:15 AM
by 2G Go to last post
12 137 Soaring
What is a "Site Survey?" by Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas
In responses to my "Traveling Checkride Examiner" post and questions on the SSA Clubs & Chapters group I have received e-mails such as this one: Q. "Burt - Your recent message on Chapters-SSA got me thinking about site surveys. What exactly are they? How much time is required? What's the...
Yesterday 04:06 AM
Cobra Trailer Emergency Brake Experience by [email protected]
I have been having bad luck with trailers recently. Here is what happened a few days ago, maybe someone will benefit from hearing about my misfortune: Best I can figure, the Cobra trailer emergency brake application cable (which attaches to the bottom of the brake handle and clips to the tow...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
Yesterday 03:03 AM
by Charlie Quebec Go to last post