Search: Posts made by: Dan Marotta
Forum: Soaring Yesterday, 05:02 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Concealed Carry In MY ASW27

Good points, Jon.* But why would any post which does not follow the
strict lines of the group's title cause the group to wither and die?*
How hard is it to simply skip over those posts which are...
Forum: Soaring Yesterday, 04:54 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
liability insurance

Well that explains that.* Had you been more clear in your initial post,
I wouldn't have had any questions other than your condescending approach
to people who are older than you are.* Maybe...
Forum: Soaring July 3rd 20, 04:14 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
liability insurance

How can you say that your friend experienced tunnel vision unless he
said it over the radio?* I have many other problems with your statement
but I don't deny that some folks just aren't as sharp...
Forum: Soaring July 3rd 20, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
L-Nav v 5.8 EPROM

It shouldn't be a problem if you can find the executable firmware and an
EPROM programmer.* It would also help to find someone who knows how to
use the equipment.

On 7/1/2020 8:43 PM, Steve...
Forum: Soaring July 1st 20, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Concealed Carry In MY ASW27

Some really good pepper spray would help, too.* I took a whiff once just
to see...

On 6/30/2020 9:55 PM, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
Oh perfect. How many glider pilots have had a land out and then...
Forum: Soaring July 1st 20, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Concealed Carry In MY ASW27

I've come face to face with a black bear in the woods twice.* Same bear,
actually.* On both occasions I reached for my camera.* In a survival
situation, I'll try to avoid him but, like a fire...
Forum: Soaring July 1st 20, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Concealed Carry In MY ASW27

One does not show a firearm to someone who is helping him unless talk
gets around to guns and the good Samaritan is first to show his hardware.

On 6/30/2020 12:49 PM, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
I...
Forum: Soaring June 28th 20, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
FAA suspends Bruno Vassel's Pilot Certificate

I watched a glider touch a wing tip to the ground in a low, low final
turn.* Pilot walked away, the glider is still in Fidel's shop.

On 6/28/2020 7:25 AM, Karl Striedieck wrote:
Thanks for the...
Forum: Soaring June 28th 20, 03:44 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
FAA suspends Bruno Vassel's Pilot Certificate

Sad, but interesting.* All military pilots are competent at aerobatics.*
Do they still need a SAC to perform at an air show?* Is this for any
aerobatics or just for low level aerobatics?*...
Forum: Soaring June 25th 20, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Skylines

It's working again.* I just wiped the disk in my hangar computer and
loaded it with Ubuntu v. 20.* It's so very much better than Windows...

On 6/23/2020 7:02 PM, Mike C wrote:
On Tuesday, June...
Forum: Soaring June 23rd 20, 02:20 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Skylines

Once again Skylines.aero will not load on either of my computers. Has
anyone else had this problem?
--
Dan, 5J
Forum: Soaring June 23rd 20, 02:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Lotta douche bags in your list.* And you left out Ike Broflowski.

On 6/23/2020 6:48 AM, Bob Lepp & Associates wrote:
I am sorry.

I admit I posted that andI deleted it mere minutes later when...
Forum: Soaring June 20th 20, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Flying pants

I used to wear shorts until I started flying in the high teens...

On 6/19/2020 10:15 PM, Bret Hess wrote:
On Friday, June 19, 2020 at 8:03:24 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Cargo pants are...
Forum: Soaring June 18th 20, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
anyone have some Glasflugel Mosquito expertise?

You're never too high in a Mosquito - a salute to the terminal velocity
limiting air brakes.* To test the brakes, I once started at a couple
thousand feet AGL, opened full brakes and pointed the...
Forum: Soaring June 15th 20, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Which Gel Coat for light repairs on S.H.

Wipe down with IPA???* I'd rather drink it! :-D

On 6/15/2020 7:20 AM, wrote:
Order 2481 and catalyst from Simtec.
UH
Interesting, the instructions say before applying to...
Forum: Soaring June 14th 20, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Commodious Rodent Entrance in Grob 103

I've seen gliders stored in a hangar with the wheels surrounded by sheet
metal walls.* Don't know how well that works.* I've also seen "mouse
paper", a super sticky paper, spread around the...
Forum: Soaring June 14th 20, 03:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Skylines Trouble?

Lately I've been having trouble with Skylines.aero.* It comes up with a
white screen with a blue progress line along the top.* After a long
wait, it simply stops with a white screen.

This is on...
Forum: Soaring June 14th 20, 12:22 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Jim Payne set a two records (one new) yesterday - in a NIXUS

Yes, I was mistaken.* I dug through my pictures and saw that his had
Sierra Foxtrot on the tail and the one that Jim flew had something else
(SA?).

On 6/13/2020 11:15 AM, Morgan wrote:
Nixus is...
Forum: Soaring June 12th 20, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Flying pants

Don't know the model number but they have regular pockets, cargo pockets
with velcro closures, and hip pockets with zippers.* They also have zip
off legs to convert to shorts.* Very thin material...
Forum: Soaring June 12th 20, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
FS: Softie Mini

I switched to an Aviator P-124
https://rigginginnovations.com/skydiving-containers/aviator-emergency-parachute.*
Way more steerable than a round canopy.

On 6/11/2020 12:03 PM, Mike N. wrote:
Forum: Soaring June 12th 20, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Jim Payne set a two records (one new) yesterday - in a NIXUS

So that's where Tom Bjork sold his ASH-30 mi.* When I asked who bought
it he said that he'd signed a non disclosure agreement.* I flew that
ship a bunch as Tom's PIC since, due to illness, he...
Forum: Soaring June 11th 20, 04:03 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Flying pants

I get mine at REI.

On 6/11/2020 5:58 AM, wrote:
My Royal Robbins are finally dying. What have you guys liked in long convertible pants with good pockets for todays bigger...
Forum: Soaring June 11th 20, 04:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
VNE vs altitude: glider specs vs rules of thumb

Flying a glider at or near Vne is pretty risky given that we fly most
often in turbulent air.* Besides, your rate of descent increases more
rapidly the faster you go.* Better to do better final...
Forum: Soaring June 10th 20, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
Guess I'll stick to thermal power for the time being

Sorta like, "Hold my beer and watch this."

On 6/10/2020 12:51 PM, ProfJ wrote:
On Wednesday, 10 June 2020 12:31:56 UTC-6, Dan Marotta wrote:
Don'tcha just love it when somebody waves a...
Forum: Soaring June 10th 20, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Dan Marotta
AOA indicator poll.

Works for me.

On 6/10/2020 12:16 PM, Luc Job wrote: