Search: Posts made by: Ross[_3_]
Forum: Soaring August 13th 20, 01:07 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
FS: Softie Mini

Let me put it another way

If Schleicher were to put a service limit of 20 years on a glider and just write it in the manual would you say that is the new limit or does it require more?
Would you...
Forum: Soaring August 10th 20, 09:46 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
FS: Discus 2b "as new"

Due to an expanding family I am going to sell my Discus 2b.
It has just had a complete repaint at DG and a new leather upholstery.

Made 2003
2230 hours,
2 tow hooks

Basically a 10/10...
Forum: Soaring July 15th 20, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
FS: Softie Mini

So I have been doing some reading and I cannot find the answer I am looking for
Parachutes are TSO items
When they were certified back in the day there were no life limits.

What I am looking for is...
Forum: Soaring July 14th 20, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
FS: Softie Mini

Any interest at $400?
Forum: Soaring June 14th 20, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
STD Libelle Restoration Reccomendations

I get all my upholstery done by a great company in Germany. Interieur.
They have supplied me with all the right stuff for years. no task is too big and they have all the patterns for almost every...
Forum: Soaring June 14th 20, 07:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
STD Libelle Restoration Reccomendations

I took a few pictures of the things I did to mine
Somewhere I have the pics of the wheel as well. We changed it to a Beringet disc brake. Worked very well...
Forum: Soaring June 13th 20, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
FS: Softie Mini

Nick
They cost about €3000 plus postage
Well worth the extra when you consider the benefits
Forum: Soaring June 13th 20, 02:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
FS: Softie Mini

I bought a Wingman by Paratec
It is a German company that make great chutes and have invested a lot of time talking to the glider pilots and what they need
Not only can you steer but you can also...
Forum: Soaring June 9th 20, 07:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
FS: Softie Mini

Due to an upgrade to a steerable chute I am selling my Softie Mini
Made 1998 and last packed last year it is still in very good condition
Color blue, std release
Open to sensible offers
Forum: Soaring May 18th 20, 12:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
FS: Clearnav CN2 and CNv XC

Pictures he

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-NWui-mwuRYKgRKj6wRknY7MZ7b8CV2I

$2500 negotiable
Forum: Soaring May 12th 20, 09:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
FS: Clearnav CN2 and CNv XC

I have sold a glider without the clearnav instruments and currently have no use for them
Clearnav 2 Display with stick remote (fitted an LS8)
Second remote
All cables and gps antenna included

CN XC...
Forum: Soaring February 21st 20, 08:03 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
US Team Selection Committe

Looking forward to helping the US team this year with 2 sailplanes. They have been proactive and should be well sorted.
Forum: Soaring February 5th 20, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
Terry Delore Flight

A fantastic flight by a great guy! His passion and drive for the sport after all the years is amazing!
Go hard Terry!
Forum: Soaring January 2nd 20, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
AIR control display with Becker RT6201

It is a great unit
I had it like that in my Discus 2a. Easiest way to save space in a panel
The ACD is very user friendly
Press of a button change between meters and feet
Radio frequencies are...
Forum: Soaring December 16th 19, 07:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
FS: 302 & 303

Price reduced to $600 including postage
Forum: Soaring November 15th 19, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
FS: 302 & 303

Selling a 302 and 303 that have had the date issue corrected
302 is in knots
$800 including postage
Forum: Soaring November 8th 19, 08:41 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
FS Dittel FSG2T radios fresh from overhaul

I still have a couple of these if anyone is interested
Forum: Soaring October 3rd 19, 02:31 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
LS8-18T hydraulic operation

Yes, that is correct.
Mine was 2002/2003 and had no accumulator. Depending where in the world you are you will have some difficulties getting it certified.
If you are US based then it will probably...
Forum: Soaring October 1st 19, 06:49 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
LS8-18T hydraulic operation

Depends which version you have.
I had one of the first prototypes in mine.
Was a hydraulic pump, no electrics needed, and also no accumulator
The second version has one.
Forum: Soaring October 1st 19, 06:45 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
Older varios?

What Tango Whisky said!
Forum: Soaring September 28th 19, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
LS6 tail turbulators

Your previous one had it there because I put it there and I think I can still find the spreadsheet from LS with what is required
You won’t fall out of the sky without it so don’t panic too much ;)
Forum: Soaring September 21st 19, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
Looking for 57 mm instruments

I have an ASI in knots here
I will be in Alabama in a week and can bring it with me if you like
Forum: Soaring September 17th 19, 05:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
Discus a price reduced

10 years in a trailer reminds me of a Discus 2a I bought
Hadn’t been out for 7
Was mouldy on the outer surfaces which did come up ok after a serious clean, sand and polish
The upholstery was rotten...
Forum: Soaring September 8th 19, 08:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Ross[_3_]
Wanted to buy, Dittel radio wiring harness

I probably have a dynamic mic in the workshop that would match it well.
Let me know if you have no success.
If it happens to be the radio I can also assist with a replacement or repair