Ramps to Get Glider Off Trailer by John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net
To get my glider's fuselage into my "hangar" (AKA garage) for winter work I I have to get it off and out of the trailer generally by myself. I made some ramps to help with this. I thought you might find this useful. There are two pairs of ramps. One is a pair of rather narrow ramps to get the...
Today 04:20 AM
by John Tapanddie Go to last post
4 14 Soaring
New Luxury Tax on Gliders in Canada by [email protected]
Today, the Canadian government announced that a new luxury tax (Italian style) will be implemented Jan 1st, 2022. The tax applies to vehicles retailing for CDN$100,000 (equivalent to US$80,000) at the rate of 10% on total price or 20% on price over CDN$100,000, whichever is less. The sales tax of...
Today 03:44 AM
by George Haeh Go to last post
5 36 Soaring
FLARM Fusion Range by Matt Herron Jr.
Hi guys, I just installed a FLARM Fusion and am getting some very poor results. The antennas are installed symmetrically on either side of the canopy rail (see photographs) in an ASW27b. They clip into a plastic adaptor printed from ABS, and each antenna has a clear 180 degree view out the side...
Today 03:21 AM
by George Haeh Go to last post
6 22 Soaring
Archived webinars in SSA website??? by Dirk_PW[_2_]
Can't find them. Anyone know where they are?
Today 03:10 AM
by Dirk_PW[_2_] Go to last post
2 3 Soaring
ClearNav2 compatibility? by Phoenix
I'm installing a ClearNav2 and already have a Cambridge LNav / GPSnav w/Cambridge vario. Is there any reason to keep the Cambridge combo in the panel? Anything it can do that the CN2 can't? Should I just install hole covers and try to sell the Cambridge combo?
Yesterday 11:03 PM
by John Sinclair[_5_] Go to last post
1 11 Soaring
Purists are from Pluto, Motorgliderists are from Mars - #2 by Eric Greenwell[_4_]
Didn't make it to a new thread on the first attempt... ----------------------------------------- I moved this to a new thread, as it seemed to go in a different direction than Bob's original conversation starter. ----------------------------------------- Guy Acheson wrote on 4/9/2021 8:51 PM: ...
The decline of gliding - a worldwide issue? by Douglas Richardson
Good morning, My name is Douglas and I am a glider pilot here in the UK. I would like to start a friendly discussion about the decline of gliding and whether this is an issue outside of the UK. Within the UK gliding has been in decline for decades and according to discussion on gliderpilot.net ...
by Douglas Richardson Go to last post
127 1,122 Soaring
Weglide.org by pavel skrabal
Looks like new interesting project for storing IGC flights. I think prehistoric OLC needs some fresh blood competition. WiFi download of flights straight from LX computers again this summer?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
Yesterday 11:01 AM
by Andreas Maurer[_2_] Go to last post
23 448 Soaring
Decision making in ground roll by ProfJ
Hi Folks, There's a lot of focus at the moment on wing dropping during the ground roll phase. I did my primary training on winch launches. For those who have never winch launched, it's quite an experience being in a 900 lb. vehicle which is accelerated by a 300hp motor which is fixed to the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
Yesterday 10:55 AM
by Andreas Maurer[_2_] Go to last post