Stall, spin fatality today in Arizona. by Waveguru
Lost one of my best friends.... Boggs
Today 01:28 PM
by Waveguru Go to last post
7 37 Soaring
Libelle by Ross[_3_]
So this is a bit of a strange story. Up for sale last week on Ebay was this old lady: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Standard-Libelle-Glasflugel-Glider-First-Registered-in-1976-/252990052032?hash=item3ae761d6c0:g:ztMAAOSwCkZZQCZX&vxp=mtr And less than a week later, without even changing pictures or...
by Charlie Quebec Go to last post
24 453 Soaring
3,000 hour inspection for Schleicher sailplanes, required in the US? by Chris Snyder
On Sunday, November 12, 2017 at 10:20:27 AM UTC-5, wrote: I've spent some time reading the FAA's response to the SSA in regards to the IS-28B2 found here, http://www.ssa.org/files/member/FAA%20Memo%20-%20IS-28B2%20-%2010_16_2017%20-%20Signed.pdf I'm curious how it applies to...
Today 11:39 AM
by Martin Gregorie[_6_] Go to last post
7 59 Soaring
When gliders fail in flight, but pilots manage to land by son_of_flubber
Bruno Vassel recalls how the control stick broke off in a glider pilot's hand and how that pilot landed the aircraft safely (using rudder to turn and trim to control speed). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF0tTzvU8IM&t=411s Another favorite scenario is 'one spoiler stuck open'... the pilot opened...
Today 06:38 AM
by RR Go to last post
5 23 Soaring
Any details on Nephi incident? by Chris
Is everybody alright?
by Karl Striedieck[_2_] Go to last post
34 139 Soaring
WANTED: PowerFlarm by [email protected]
I'm looking for a used PowerFLARM Core or PowerFLARM Portable. Thanks Please email rich dot starke at gmail dot com
Locating device mounting by [email protected]
Recent descriptions of the Nephi accident are driving me to rethink my decision about location of my Spot in the ship. I have had it mounted on the canopy frame to try to get the best view of the sky for tracking. It kind of gets in the way a little when on the chute harness. My assumption has been...
Yesterday 08:48 PM
by Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) Go to last post
6 22 Soaring
Anyone know what happened to Sky Life Flying Camp? by [email protected]
On Tuesday, September 25, 2001 at 4:07:20 PM UTC-4, Jeffrey wrote: I am an alumnus of Sky Life Flying Camp in Northville, New York. I attended in the summer of 1986, and had a really good time there. I was about a month shy of my 16th birthday, so although my instructor, Jay Treat III, ...
Yesterday 08:41 PM
by Emory Go to last post
6 4,648 General Aviation
Bumper stickers by Ramy[_2_]
My new tow vehicle needs new bumper sticker. My favorites are the white glider silhouette style, in particular I like the one I had on my previous car “Live to soar, soar to live”.. Any suggestions where I can find one? Thanks Ramy
by Frank Whiteley Go to last post
18 81 Soaring
Vario Comparison by [email protected]
Hi- I've searched the archives of this oft-discussed topic, but am not finding specific answers I'm seeking. If you have good experience or knowledge about the specific issues below, I would much appreciate your insights. 1) Latency with accuracy. What is the quickest vario with accuracy? Are...
Round vs Square E-Chute by Jonathan St. Cloud
Three years ago when I got back into soaring I talked to serveral riggers about a round vs square chute. The riggers, including Allen Silver, all talked me out of a square for safety reasons. If you are seriously considering a square rig, I highly recommend you speak with a qualified rigger and...
by Dan Marotta Go to last post