TOW PLANE Accident by Richard Garrity
Skyline Soaring Club has suffered a tragic loss of a member in the crash of our tow plane. The accident occurred on October 7th while towing an ASK21.. The glider released at very low altitude and returned safely to the airport. The NTSB is investigating and factual information is shown on their...
Today 01:59 AM
by Nick Kennedy[_3_] Go to last post
4 202 Soaring
Affect of Alcohol (Beer) on Soaring and Soaring Racing by [email protected]
I know Sebastian Kawa and a few others never touch alcohol. Some racing pilots stay away around competitions. Others have a beer waiting on ice when they land. Is it just a high performance athlete focusing thing - or is there more to it. I did a search and couldn't fined any discussions. WH
Disassemble an L-23 Fuselage? by Terry Pitts
Is an L-23's fuselage made essentially as one assembly, or are there fore and aft subassemblies bolted/riveted together? Though I've not (yet) seen either one, the specifics are an L-23 with a damaged nose and another L-23 with a damaged rear fuselage... I obviously don't know the answer, or I...
Today 12:50 AM
by Terry Pitts Go to last post
6 29 Soaring
SHK-1 Polar Curve by [email protected]
I am looking for a polar curve for an SHK-1 (Schempp-Hirth, but from 1968!!!). Can anyone help? Dave McCormick
Today 12:30 AM
by Scott Williams Go to last post
2 3 Soaring
Electric Brakes On Komet Trailer by Bob Youngblood
I am trying to get away from the surge brakes and has anyone converted their trailer to electric brakes?? Thanks
LX Nav Varios, Bluetooth & XCSoar by SAM
I'm interested in connecting LX Nav varions (EOS or ERA) to XCSoar via bluetooth. From the manuals, xcsoar config screens, and old posts here it looks like that *should* be possible. Does anyone have experience doing it? I've got XCSoar on a couple android phones and a nexxxus 7 tablet. Simply...
Yesterday 11:06 PM
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
5 21 Soaring
K8b restoration by John Foster
I was given a junked K8b due to water damage to the wood at the wing root and multiple tears in the original fabric and chipped/peeling paint. However, it looks like it may be restorable (worth it, that's another story). Anyway, I'm interested to know if there is an online repair manual that lays...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
Yesterday 07:10 AM