Air glide Vario family versus S100 LXNAV - Comments on Winds and Performance? by WaltWX[_2_]
As a meteorologist contest pilot flying in the Western U.S., accurate winds for locating convergence zones are quite important. I'm looking to upgrade my small Discus 2a panel and would like get some reviews on the performance of these two vario/sensor families. * If winds seem to be better in...
Today 11:29 AM
by Mike Oliver[_2_] Go to last post
5 21 Soaring
PowerMouse vs Power Flarm - Updates by March? hardware/software -ADS-R, TIS-B by WaltWX[_2_]
I hear that PowerMouse will include an ADS-B option and possibly ADS-R / TIS-B (for those of you not in U.S .. these are FAA ground rebroadcasts of ADS-B 1090 packets and transponder only aircraft). No word on whether the PowerFlarm will add this firmware upgrade. Does anyone know when the...
Today 07:28 AM
by Darryl Ramm Go to last post
5 19 Soaring
Soaring the Cape of Storms by Sven[_2_]
Soaring from Worcester in the Western Cape, South Africa - we have some German visitors and Stefan Langer made this exquisite video - enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OOXvAbCUcc&feature=share
Today 02:56 AM
by Nick Kennedy[_3_] Go to last post
8 33 Soaring
500 KM hang Gliding Record in Australia by Nick Kennedy[_3_]
The HGFA sends out: A Lismore pilot and member of the Hang Gliding Federation of Australia, has set an Australian Hang Gliding record, soaring 500km to a declared goal over the spectacular Queensland outback – a total of 10 hours in the air. Reaching ground speeds of over 100km/hr, Scott...
Today 01:04 AM
by Tony[_5_] Go to last post
2 24 Soaring
Igc file help. Computer science by [email protected]
Hey guys im taking a computer science class on data structures and algorithms. I wanna do something glider related for my final project. I was thinking about trying to see if there is a pattern between average vario for a task and Xc speed. However, I have no clue how how to obtain such data from...
by Thomas Van de Velde Go to last post