Undershoot Vs. Overshoot airport landing accidents by [email protected]
I always assumed that there are more overshoot airport accidents than undershoot ones. That is mainly due to our general knowledge that it's better to be too high than not high enough. Am I correct here ? Dan
by [email protected][_2_] Go to last post
21 51 Soaring
Taurus glider for sale by [email protected]
In the Wings and Wheels classified ads there is listed a Taurus selflaunch glider for sale. Originally it was N797SD, sn 107T503LSA. Currently carrying a different N number and serial number, but it is the same glider. This Taurus was involved in a hangar fire about 4 years ago in Memphis, Tn. ...
Today 07:22 PM
by AS Go to last post
7 58 Soaring
XC Tracer by Deming Gray
Hello, I learned about a mini variometer that purports to have zero time lag. It is called the XC Tracer (https://www.xctracer.com/en/tech-specs/?oid=1861&lang=en). There are versions with FLARM, igc loggers and is solar powered. It is aimed at the hang gliding market. Has anyone used on in a...
Today 06:03 PM
by Tim Newport-Peace[_6_] Go to last post
5 24 Soaring
Some LiFePO4 Battery Testing Results Manual and Automated by John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net
Every year I test my two LiFePO4 batteries to gauge how long they will last during a flight. I decided to open the field a bit and also tested some soaring friend's batteries. You can read about my simple cheap manual process (later automated - see below) here ...
Today 05:15 PM
by Tango Eight Go to last post
7 23 Soaring
AS34 - new electric standard class self launcher by [email protected]
Looks like an interesting concept: https://www.alexander-schleicher.de/en/aero-2019-5/
by Andreas Maurer[_2_] Go to last post