New LAK 17C by Paul T[_4_]
LAK's facebook page details a flight test of the new LAK 17C - yet gives scant few details about the new model. Anybody know how it differs from the B are they using the variable geometry miniflaps they have ben testing on a B model?
Yesterday 11:11 PM
by John Thomson[_2_] Go to last post
9 95 Soaring
DOT Audits FAA Role In Drone Authorizations by Larry Dighera
Quoted from below: “LAANC is a technological solution that helps us safely integrate drones into our airspace,” said Elwell. “It gives our air traffic controllers visibility into where and when authorized drones are flying near airports so they can have more flexibility to plan ...
Yesterday 09:00 PM
by Larry Dighera Go to last post
0 5 Piloting
Auto-retracting spool for auto-towing gliders? by Luke Scharf
Does anyone know of auto-towing gear that will automatically retract the rope the glider releases? My club has just moved to a new airport, which has a runway long enough for auto-towing. However, we'd like to be able to clean up the runway quickly -- preferably while the tow vehicle is still...
Yesterday 07:32 PM
by Waveguru Go to last post
5 23 Soaring
IGC-approval for the LX 10000 Flight Recorder by Ian Strachan
I am pleased to announce IGC-approval for the LX 10000 Flight Recorder, manufactured by LX Navigation d.o.o. of Celje, Slovenia. The level of approval is for "all flights". The IGC-approval document may be downloaded from either the GFAC or FAI/IGC web sites, see below, together with other...
Yesterday 07:14 PM
by Paul Remde Go to last post
1 29 Soaring
Parachute source for gliders and winches by JS[_5_]
Saw the ad in the AMA flyer for their Expo in Pomona. SSA Region 12 has a presence there. AMA Expo: https://amablog.modelaircraft.org/amaexpowest/files/2018/10/expowest-program-2018-web.pdf Fruity Chutes looks like a good source for chutes, including ballistic chutes. Anything from 12" diameter...
What is the best point to jack up a Cobra Trailer ? by [email protected]
I changed a wheel in my Cobra trailer with the glider inside. I located the Jack just under the corner between the bottom and side wall, next to the fender. Looked flimsy, but held fine, no bending of wall or edge. Was I lucky or is this the right place to do it ? Dan
ASW 27 Instrument Panel Texture by [email protected]
I am making a new instrument panel for my ASW27. The original panel appears to have a textured overlay that looks similar to leather. As far as I can tell the panel was made from carbon fiber over a plug and then the texture was bonded to the panel most likely using a vacuum bagging method. It...
by Dan Marotta Go to last post