How does an aerotow rope break in two places? by son_of_flubber
True story. A couple years ago I ran the wing for a glider that aerotowed into rotor. The rope broke. Both aircraft and both tost rings made it back to the airfield. The rope broke at both ends. How is that even possible?
by Steve Koerner Go to last post
18 140 Soaring
Laister LP-49 FS For Sale @ Hemet 15 Meter by [email protected]
You can view current photos and details at: http://www.soaring-classifieds.com. Courtesy of Paul Remde at Cumulus Soaring. N888LP 1977 Laister Forty Niner. An American Classic. LP-49 Glass Fuselage, Metal Wing. 15 meter. New tinted canopy. Fixed Tailwheel. Retractable Main Wheel....
by Frank Whiteley Go to last post
12 905 Soaring
Refinishing Ventus b Fuselage by Richard Pfiffner[_2_]
Pictures and process for refinishing a ventus b fuselage. Work in progress pictures and process as work is completed. http://www.craggyaero.com/ventus.htm Richard www.craggyaero.com
by Nick Kennedy[_3_] Go to last post
34 267 Soaring
Gliders for sale in the UK? by [email protected]
I am moving back to the UK what gliders are for sale there? is there websites I can check out prices. I will be selling my Ka6CR and Ogar motor glider with Rotax 912 as well if any interest.
Today 05:12 PM
by Steve Leonard[_2_] Go to last post
2 5 Soaring
Question about an old Advanced Soaring Concepts Spirit Kit by [email protected]
My father recently passed away, leaving us a very unfinished Advanced Soaring Concepts "Spirit" kit. I believe we have all the parts, but it might take some digging to find everything. We're not really sure what to do with it. He bought it in the early 90s when they were first being produced, but...
Today 05:09 PM
by JS[_5_] Go to last post
3 34 Soaring
Oudie 2 Lite - how to Autorun XCSoar (or something other than SeeYou Mobile) by Dave Springford
To run XC Soar or your other favourite software on the Oudie Naviter has just made the process a lot easier: 1. Install the latest Oudie firmware from http://www.naviter.com/install-the-latest-firmware-for-oudie/ 2. On the Oudie main Menu page (with SeeYou Mobile and ConnectMe icons) press the...
Today 05:56 AM
by Veli-Matti Karppinen Go to last post
9 526 Soaring
GliderLink - New team soaring app for airborne location sharing by [email protected]
I'm excited to announce a new soaring app I've developed called GliderLink. The app shows your location and the location of nearby gliders on a moving map. You can see the other gliders' callsign, relative altitude, heading, and vertical speed. That's about it right now; it's very simple. The value...
71 1,192 Soaring
For Sale: European size Oxygen Bottle w/adapter by Bryce Sammeter
European oxygen bottle to fit that odd size bottle sleeve in your ship. Bottle and valve manufactured 2004, part number JA5408, SN 550-0904. Last hydro'd 2012. Comes with DIN 477 valve and adapter for DIN 477 to CGA 540. Even if you have a Din 477 I suggest you keep the adapter handy for filling....
Yesterday 11:29 PM
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
1 30 Soaring
New SkySight color scheme by [email protected]
Just had a look at the "new and improved" coloring of forecast maps in SkySight. In the areas East of the Mississippi, are we ever going to see the warmer colors or even green again for thermal height? I know the answer: Nope Is Matt's favorite movie 'Frozen'? Herb