Forum: Soaring July 22nd 18, 12:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dream Panel

On Sunday, 22 July 2018 02:44:17 UTC+1, 2G wrote:
On Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 11:46:33 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Saturday, 21 July 2018 15:56:03 UTC+1, 2G wrote:
On Friday,...
Forum: Soaring August 20th 15, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
How do we inspire pilots to truly take up cross country soaring ?

On Thursday, August 20, 2015 at 2:46:04 AM UTC+1, wrote:
On Wednesday, August 19, 2015 at 7:01:26 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Not really. The actual EASA requirement is...
Forum: Soaring August 20th 15, 02:01 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
How do we inspire pilots to truly take up cross country soaring ?

Not really. The actual EASA requirement is for a solo 50km flight or a dual 100km flight.

These do not have to be FAI silver badge qualifying flights. It is possible to fly a 50km quadrilateral...
Forum: Soaring August 20th 15, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
How do we inspire pilots to truly take up cross country soaring ?

Why do you have to wait for the FAA to mandate it? Can't clubs implement a similar policy of their own accord?

I can understand a commercial organisation employing any qualified instructor...