Search: Posts made by: Mark Jardini[_2_]
Forum: Soaring September 16th 20, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mark Jardini[_2_]
Best Overall Motorglider available today?

Pipistrelle Apis is a fun sport glider with maybe 40:1 at best LD- 50 kts. Goes well up to 80 kts. Engine used to be Rotax 447 which is bombproof but don't know anything about the new engine install....
Forum: Soaring September 25th 12, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mark Jardini[_2_]
Accurate tire pressure gage?

the gauge on my bicycle pump is accurate, easy to read, inexpensive
and includes a free pump as well.
Forum: Soaring September 13th 12, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mark Jardini[_2_]
Another stall spin

I had an incipient departure just the other day. I fly an Apis M. In
deconstructing the event, I saw the nose dropping and not responding
to back pressure so I put the stick forward and it was all...
Forum: Soaring March 25th 12, 02:51 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mark Jardini[_2_]
Artificial Turf Runway

I just was at Chris Klix' shop today at Pacific Aerosport in Arlington
WA. He had two of the DG 1000's there setting them up for the Academy.
Beautiful birds. He told me there would ultimately be #19...
Forum: Soaring March 24th 12, 06:45 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mark Jardini[_2_]
Artificial Turf Runway

I was quoted F 15 flight time at $10k an hour. That would be exclusive
of acquisition cost.
Forum: Soaring March 23rd 12, 09:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mark Jardini[_2_]
Artificial Turf Runway

I can think of worse things to spend my taxes on that promoting
soaring.
Forum: Soaring March 23rd 12, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mark Jardini[_2_]
Minimoa first flight

How was that gull wing joint made strong enough? just scarfed and
glued? through bolted with backing plates?
Forum: Soaring March 21st 12, 08:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mark Jardini[_2_]
Maybe some ibuprofen before launching?

Oxygen is also good treatment for all altitude related problems.
Forum: Soaring March 8th 12, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mark Jardini[_2_]
vintage motorglider for sale

The 163 used 100% peroxide as the oxidizer. Nasty stuff that would
"burn" anything it could come in contact with.

F-16 doesn't glide any better than a lawn dart.

F-15 glides beautifully. I once...
Forum: Soaring February 27th 12, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mark Jardini[_2_]
Info on Mosquito

I used to own the one tested by Dick Johnson. What every one else
said, great ship. They are a bit heavy being polyester epoxy ships and
stoutly built, about 7+ lbs wing loading unballasted, and not...
Forum: Soaring February 7th 12, 04:51 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mark Jardini[_2_]
Duo NV lands on Heavenly Ski Resort. Not kidding...

It is pretty obvious he landed on a ski run where skiers were active.
If you think that is OK then perhaps you will open your runway to
roller skaters.

Forum: Soaring February 7th 12, 04:46 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mark Jardini[_2_]
Duo NV lands on Heavenly Ski Resort. Not kidding...

It seems obvious he landed on a ski run where people were skiing. If
you think that is ok perhaps you will open your runway to roller
skaters.

Forum: Soaring February 6th 12, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mark Jardini[_2_]
Duo NV lands on Heavenly Ski Resort. Not kidding...

Very nice landing and they saved the aircraft, hoorah. But it appears
they might have put bystanders who were skiing at significant risk.

If a skier had been hurt, and they might have, it would be...
Forum: Soaring January 11th 12, 07:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Mark Jardini[_2_]
best self-launcher propulsion system?

At the lower cost end of the spectrum, I can say that the rotax
installation of the Apis is very well thought out and has performed
for me over 4 seasons without fail for air restarts. It runs cool...