Search: Posts made by: John Godwin
Forum: Owning April 11th 09, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By John Godwin
TSA and the USA

"Dan D" wrote in
:

This needs to be stopped. Did you know that the TSA even says that
RC airplanes cannot be flown inside...
Forum: Piloting March 15th 09, 03:48 AM Posted to fj.kanji,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By John Godwin
How to fly a plain into a mountain???

Harald Gentexeater wrote in news:36dbb84b-7678-
:

I'm a suicidal pilot and I want to kill myself
by flying into a...
Forum: Aviation Photos March 7th 09, 05:09 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Posted By John Godwin
ugly airplane question

"J.F." wrote in
:

The Tupolev ANT-20 (also known as the Maxim Gorky) was a Soviet
six engined aircraft, the largest in the...
Forum: Piloting February 22nd 09, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By John Godwin
Sad day for Mxsmanic

It seems as if Microsoft is pulling the plug on MS Flight Simulator.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/7902468.stm

--
Forum: General Aviation February 11th 09, 08:35 AM Posted to rec.aviation.misc
Posted By John Godwin

Ken Kose wrote in
:

I'm a new private pilot and new to this group. I have a question
regarding FF. I plan to fly a...
Forum: Owning January 12th 09, 12:30 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By John Godwin
grumman aa-5 stall warning delay

"vaughn" wrote in
:

What? You have a stall warning that you can actually hear? Be
thankful!...
Forum: Aviation Photos December 29th 08, 07:13 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Posted By John Godwin
Lake Buccaneer

"Morgans" wrote in
:

Can anyone tell me what that little pod is on the cabin roof, just
in front of the engine pylon?

Extra...
Forum: Piloting December 25th 08, 07:38 AM Posted to alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By John Godwin
B-2 Spirit Stealth Bomber Crash Video

Aratzio wrote in
:

Dirt

Cumulogranite cloud

--
Forum: Piloting December 10th 08, 07:28 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By John Godwin

Denny wrote in

:

Check the regs... Flying for hire is what your CFI covers...
Offering YOUR aircraft...
Forum: General Aviation October 19th 08, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.misc
Posted By John Godwin
Free or donated flights for nonprofits?

Brian Whatcott wrote in
:

Let's see if I can say it better: if you don't listen to decent
advice - say from AOPA - on...
Forum: General Aviation October 18th 08, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.misc
Posted By John Godwin
Free or donated flights for nonprofits?

Julian Gómez wrote in
:

That's true, but we're talking about the FAA here. You have to
publicize and...
Forum: Piloting September 23rd 08, 05:09 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By John Godwin
Crab, slips, and crossed controls

george wrote in

m:

A number of aircraft that I've flown do not have flaps and the
sideslip was an...
Forum: Piloting September 22nd 08, 09:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By John Godwin
Crab, slips, and crossed controls

Gig 601Xl Builder wrote in
:

Once we were back on the ground and with his boss close by I left
him reading about...
Forum: Piloting September 17th 08, 05:11 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By John Godwin
Why nitrogen?

"Peter Dohm" wrote in
:

In the case of light plane tires, I agree with you that really dry
air should work well enough...
Forum: Piloting September 17th 08, 02:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By John Godwin
Airplanes and Brakes?

Dudley Henriques wrote in

m:

Even better if you make them PAY for it :-))

Heck no, it's a strong lesson...
Forum: Piloting September 17th 08, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By John Godwin
Airplanes and Brakes?

"Ol Shy & Bashful" wrote in

m:

Well ya got me there! But even so, careful use of flight controls
can...
Forum: Piloting September 15th 08, 11:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By John Godwin
Airplanes and Brakes?

wrote in
:

I fly a Tiger.

Got any suggestions on how to turn without brakes?

Some folks turning planes with a castering nose...
Forum: Piloting September 14th 08, 07:20 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By John Godwin
Instructor Effectiveness

Frank Olson wrote in
:

I like the "ruler across the knuckles" approach. If you don't
have a ruler handy, a...
Forum: Piloting September 12th 08, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By John Godwin
A simple Flight to ACY

a wrote in

m:

I noticed you used the published check list. My own is
handwritten, with additions to...
Forum: Owning September 12th 08, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By John Godwin
A simple Flight to ACY

a wrote in

m:

I noticed you used the published check list. My own is
handwritten, with additions to...
Forum: Home Built September 2nd 08, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By John Godwin
Too Old?

Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Make sure we're on the same page with the above. I might not have
stated this as accurately as I...
Forum: Owning September 2nd 08, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By John Godwin
Too Old?

Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Make sure we're on the same page with the above. I might not have
stated this as accurately as I...
Forum: Piloting September 2nd 08, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By John Godwin
Too Old?

Dudley Henriques wrote in
:

Make sure we're on the same page with the above. I might not have
stated this as accurately as I...
Forum: Piloting August 19th 08, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By John Godwin
Viable alternatives for serious aviation discussion

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

I have a very strong belief in freedom of speech, and you cannot
get that on a moderated forum. Freedom...
Forum: Piloting August 18th 08, 03:43 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By John Godwin
What to do if the canopy opens during flight ?

wrote in
:

The canopy on a Grumman does what a canopy is supposed to do and
slides back.

The folks at Zlin would disagree :-)