Search: Posts made by: Dave Butler
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules December 13th 07, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Dave Butler
ILS 16R at KRNO

Kobra wrote:
"8500 to GS intercept 181 (2) and LOC (8.8)"

I don't understand this. It appears this means that GS intercept will
occur in 2 miles on a 181 heading and that LOC intercept...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules December 6th 07, 11:11 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Dave Butler
using GPS derived altitude/heading and "attitude" displays foraircraft control

My posting provided useful information... and your posing provided what?

Cop

karl mcgruber wrote:
Hey, another worthless post from a newsgroup cop!!!!

"Dave Butler" wrote in...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules December 6th 07, 02:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Dave Butler
using GPS derived altitude/heading and "attitude" displays foraircraft control

Todd W. Deckard wrote:
I have seen the high end GPS units present a psuedo panel display (I am
specifically refering to the Garmin 296).

It provides a DG/HSI presentation, GPS derived...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules November 2nd 07, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Dave Butler
800 number for void time?

John Clonts wrote:
On Nov 2, 12:45 pm, paul kgyy wrote:
I've heard some discussion that there is a national number to call for
a void time on filed IFR flight...
Forum: Owning October 27th 07, 04:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Dave Butler
AvTek Pulsar Installation PIREP (or "Why I'm Not an A&P")

Viperdoc wrote:
Is it my impression, or do even the simplest appearing jobs take a lot
longer than they first appear? Items that are supposed to be "bolt in"
replacements don't fit, screw...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 25th 07, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Dave Butler
new IR Lo-Enroye charts Oct 25

Peter R. wrote:
On 10/20/2007 8:33:38 AM, wrote:

My chart subscription is with joepilot.com, and they sent me a notice over
a month ago saying I had to tell them what new charts to send...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules October 11th 07, 02:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Dave Butler
When to descend

Bee wrote:

Great cite. Too bad most of the folks here cannot figure out how to
find this stuff.

Great cite of a pretty good site.

True enough, but if everyone just looked everything up and...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules September 27th 07, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Dave Butler
Holding Pattern Question

rip wrote:
Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
Waiting for the ETA ties up airspace and delays other aircraft.

ATC won't clear anyone into your block of airspace until after your EFC
time to...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules September 27th 07, 06:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Dave Butler
Holding Pattern Question

rip wrote:

Because you own the block of airspace assigned to you. Someone else owns
the block of airspace ahead of and behind you. You wait until your EFC
time so that you don't blunder into...
Forum: Owning September 25th 07, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Dave Butler
Excessive valve clearance cause low power?

wrote:

I would suspect that carb icing might be your problem.
It's way more common than many folks think. What are the atmospheric
conditions when...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules September 24th 07, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Dave Butler
Holding Pattern Question

Dan Luke wrote:
"Dennis Johnson" wrote:

How would that be different if I were given the same instructions, except
hold on the 180į course (instead of the 180į radial)?

You won't be...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules September 17th 07, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Dave Butler
Scott and XM weather

[sorry, reposting under a different subject line, since some idiot
hijacked and crossposted the original thread]

http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/avflash/954-full.html#196146

"An air traffic...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules September 17th 07, 03:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Dave Butler
Scott Crossfield

http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/avflash/954-full.html#196146

"An air traffic controller didnít tell Scott Crossfield he was headed
for a storm, but then Crossfield didnít ask, either."

The...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules September 11th 07, 02:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Dave Butler
A gaggle of questions about traning from an old geezer...

SimGuy wrote:

I attended a catholic school In England. Sex Ed was part of the the
3rd year Biology class. My Biology teacher was a nun.

Just don't get in the habit.
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules September 10th 07, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Dave Butler
GNS430W: Parallel offset course feature

B wrote:

All the necessary components of Victor airways are in the box. What you
want, I presume, is an airway database. I guess you have to go to a
G-1000 to get that.;-)

GNS480.
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules September 10th 07, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Dave Butler
A gaggle of questions about traning from an old geezer...

SimGuy wrote:

3) Regarding the required 50 hours x-country time for the instrument
rating. I am confused about the circumstances in which 2 pilots can
both log PIC simultaneously. My...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules September 5th 07, 08:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Dave Butler
Dauntless Safelog - is there a way to export data to CSV format?

Jim Carter wrote:
Could someone using the software address this issue? I posed the
question to "Dauntless", John T., and Bill Zaleski.and the thread went
silent. I'd really like to know because...
Forum: Owning September 4th 07, 02:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Dave Butler
Flew home and boy are my arms tired!

Jay Honeck wrote:

Great story, and I'm glad you posted it (and made it) -- but I don't
think I would have flown the plane with my family on board.

My thoughts exactly. DB
Forum: Piloting September 4th 07, 02:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning

Jay Honeck wrote:

Great story, and I'm glad you posted it (and made it) -- but I don't
think I would have flown the plane with my family on board.

My thoughts exactly. DB
Forum: Piloting August 30th 07, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Dave Butler
pilot disappears while ferrying plane over Africa

If you like ferry pilot adventure stories, this is a good read:

Air Vagabonds: Oceans, Airmen, and a Quest for Adventure by Vallone A

Dave

John wrote:

I hope Ms. Love makes it somehow. I once...
Forum: Owning August 30th 07, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

John wrote:

I hope Ms. Love makes it somehow. I once...
Forum: Owning August 30th 07, 02:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Dave Butler
How to shorten a Tach drive cable?

Morgans wrote:
"Orval Fairbairn" wrote
Just pull out both ends and take them to your local speedometer shop.
They have all the ends and can make up one for you for a few bucks. It
is not...
Forum: Home Built August 30th 07, 02:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning

Morgans wrote:
"Orval Fairbairn" wrote
Just pull out both ends and take them to your local speedometer shop.
They have all the ends and can make up one for you for a few bucks. It
is not...
Forum: Owning August 26th 07, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Dave Butler
Buying recently rebuilt or fixing one up?

wrote:
I am currently taking flying lessons. I would like to own my own
aircraft and have been considering various options.
I am currently training in a 152 and I think a...
Forum: Owning August 24th 07, 02:14 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Dave Butler
Least Expensive Plane To Buy and Own

Michael Adams wrote:
I am looking for some input on the least expensive airplanes to own. I've
heard so many horror stories about the $5000 or even $15,000 annual, or the
seat adjuster that...