Best option for electric self starting glider by Magnus
Hi experienced glider pilots, I am a newly retired ex glider pilot that is updating my license and want to do some serious soaring and distance flights in Europe now that I have plenty of time. I live in Lausanne (member of Montricher gliding club) and as well member in Landskrona gliding club in...
What have we learned from all this? by Bob Youngblood
Interesting situation that we are all faced with the last few weeks, things are more serious than we ever expected. I was having a great discussion last evening with my family member who is an Infectious Disease MD, the discussion was eye opening! This is a game changer, and China has much to blame...
by Bob Youngblood Go to last post
51 149 Soaring
Tow Hook on Cessna 180 - Update by Stuart Grant
Thanks for all the private responses. I don't have everything needed for a legal installation yet but I am now relatively certain it is possible. Neal Pfeiffer was kind enough to put me in touch with Charles Pate at Cessna's Structural Engineering Department. Charles directed me to the FAA's...
by rec.aviation.soaring Go to last post
13 2,316 Soaring
When grounded glider pilots get bored ... by Stephen Szikora
https://youtu.be/l9eL9dBTXtw
Today 08:20 AM
by Bob Youngblood Go to last post
4 23 Soaring
Best Flight Of the Day NA by Bob Youngblood
I have been looking at OLC and trying to make a determination as to had the best flight of the day in North America. Now listen, no politics here, just flight evaluation and the cut off time is midnight on the East Coast. No flaming liberals shall post. Bob
Today 08:13 AM
by Bob Youngblood Go to last post
8 26 Soaring
Racing 1-26s (and other low-mid performance gliders) tonight! by Daniel Sazhin[_2_]
Hey Guys, Come and join us in Slovenia tonight! You can fly the Blanik by default... If you're a *real* 'Merican, you'll choose the 1-26! https://soaringeconomist.com/2020/04/09/school-class-tonight/ All the best, Daniel
Newer Tost hydraulic brake issue by [email protected]
The Tost hydraulic brake cylinder mounted to my stick failed on my last flight. I've emailed Tost, but so far no response, which certainly might be virus related and therefore understandable. The brake worked fine before takeoff but before landing there was zero resistance when squeezing the...
O2, Question for medics. by FZ[_2_]
There are a few hundred oxygen masks and O2 tanks in a gliding community. Are those of any potential use in a CronaVirus emergency?
by son_of_flubber Go to last post
25 136 Soaring
FS Bose Aviation X Headsets by Nick Kennedy[_3_]
For a friend FS 3 BOSE AVIATION X HEADSETS EXCELLENT CONDITION DUAL PLUG $379 EA Contact Eliot Brown These would be good in your Motorglider!
Today 12:59 AM
by Nick Kennedy[_3_] Go to last post
3 52 Soaring
OLC League schedule by [email protected]
Received an email from Reiner Rose, saying the OLC League, scheduled to start April 18-19, has been postponed until May 30-31 worldwide. I assume this means only 13 weekends for scoring instead of 19 as in past years.
Do any of you recognize this missing person? He was perhaps a gliderenthusiast prior to 2003. by Joseph Calash
In 2004 a man was found dead in the "Flat Tops" area of Garfield County Colorado. I've been trying to help find his identity. Here's a link to him. https://www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/15487 The man left a hand written letter in a notebook with his last wishes written on it. Because...
by Joseph Calash Go to last post
10 93 Soaring
Gliding in quarantine video by Emir Sherbi
A friend of mine made this great stop motion video. In Argentina we are in total lock down so he had plenty of time to do it. Enjoy!! https://youtu.be/l9eL9dBTXtw
by Tango Whisky Go to last post