Ventus 3F - Fatal by Jock Proudfoot
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/new- mexico/articles/2018-07-11/albuquerque-man-dies-in-glider-crash- near-moriarty-airport
Ray Galloway (P1) by [email protected]
Sorry to report my dear friend Ray Galloway (papa one) checked out (peacefully) last night. I talked with him a couple of days ago. He said he was "ready", but it is still hard on his friends and family. Ed Byars
Cobra trailer aluminum vs fiberglass top by 2G
I am interested in the pros and cons of aluminum vs fiberglass top for Cobra trailers. Tom
by Ken Payne Go to last post
19 94 Soaring
Boeing and SparkCognition, to deliver unmanned aircraft system traffic management (UTM) solutions. by Larry Dighera
News Release Issued: Jul 17, 2018 (4:30am EDT) To view this release online and get more information about Boeing, visit: http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2018-07-17-Boeing-SparkCognition-to-shape-the-future-of-travel-and-transport Boeing, SparkCognition to shape the future of travel and...
Today 10:56 AM
by Larry Dighera Go to last post
0 5 Piloting
GliderLink - New team soaring app for airborne location sharing by [email protected]
I'm excited to announce a new soaring app I've developed called GliderLink. The app shows your location and the location of nearby gliders on a moving map. You can see the other gliders' callsign, relative altitude, heading, and vertical speed. That's about it right now; it's very simple. The value...
by Charlie Quebec Go to last post
69 904 Soaring
Lp-49 Taper Pins and wing mounting. by [email protected]
HI,I am rebuilding my find from a yard and under a tarp, I need to know what AN Taper Pins are used to mount the wings on the plane and all other parts needed, nuts, bushings, etc and some pictures would help, thanks Jerry haynes. 916-230-6177.
Today 06:48 AM
by Charlie Quebec Go to last post
1 22 Soaring
Cockpit digital displays by Simon Cooksey
Hi all, I'm looking at building some custom instruments, and I'm wondering what display technology people have had the best experiences with in the cockpit. The options I'm considering are eInk, some bright OLED (probably a smar****ch display?), and potentially custom reflective LCD. Comments...
Today 04:25 AM
by Paul Agnew Go to last post
1 8 Soaring
Libelle 201 Canopy by [email protected]
Hi I'm looking at purchasing a 201 and am going to need a new canopy if I get the thing. I would be happy to take a used canopy that has scratches and or a crack or two as long as it's serviceable. Let me know if you've got anything. Thanks!
Top Hat Question (XCSoar?) by [email protected]
I like Top Hat a lot. But as with an attractive woman who seems to fulfill all your wishes, things aren't quite perfect. And like most men, I just want to make one tiny change. It's driving me crazy. :) I need two screens: Circling screen: automatically displayed when I started to circle. Zoomed...
by Mike C Go to last post
42 190 Soaring
Which ClearNav vario display? by [email protected]
Curious how CN users feel about the need for using both the 57mm round mechanical pointer and the LCD NavDisplay. If you were starting a panel from scratch, would you use both the LCD NavDisplay and the 57 mm round LCD NavDisplay? Thanks.
Libelle by Ross[_3_]
So this is a bit of a strange story. Up for sale last week on Ebay was this old lady: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Standard-Libelle-Glasflugel-Glider-First-Registered-in-1976-/252990052032?hash=item3ae761d6c0:g:ztMAAOSwCkZZQCZX&vxp=mtr And less than a week later, without even changing pictures or...
Experimental Letter by [email protected]
My Ventus 2cxM has been flying in the Experimental Category since new (2003), and each year I've been faithfully updating the Experimental Letter (I just change the date) and mailing it to my FSDO. I've been told that the wording of the standard Experimental Letter is different now, and if I...
by MNLou Go to last post
10 48 Soaring
Europe by [email protected]
If you are a pilot with a US license living in Europe and would like to be able to fly here without converting your license or spending a ton of money to bring a glider from the US, I have a classic Aer Pegaso M100S standard class Italian glider for sale, US registered, standard airworthiness....