Search: Posts made by: dlevy
Forum: Piloting September 4th 08, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By dlevy
Read 'em & Weep -- Rec. Aviation Rogues Gallery is Coming Down

The fact is you clogged this forum with every little change to your site.
I, for one, got very sick of your continous updates. Hopefully this will be
the last message about you and your...
Forum: Owning August 24th 08, 02:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By dlevy
Skirting the edges of Tropical Storm Fay - Video

I can't speak for him but he could have flown west to better weather.

Cool video. Thanks.

"Gezellig" wrote in message

What were...
Forum: Owning July 30th 08, 03:32 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By dlevy
Oshkosh attendance

I didn't go this year (went last year for the first time). Meeting you
would have been a highlight! It amazes me how people simply do not want to
listen to the answer. You supply the answer and...
Forum: Owning May 27th 08, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By dlevy
What would you buy with a 50k budget?

I have a '68 Musketeer, 160 hp, two 170's, backup AI, ifr, and am selling
for 20k. 200 smoh. ECI Titan cylinders....

Cheap planes are out there.

" ...
Forum: Owning May 25th 08, 03:32 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By dlevy
What would you buy with a 50k budget?

Lol. I'm glad I never listened to their opinion.

Kirk Ellis wrote in message

Colleagues, friends and family all think my flying partner and...
Forum: Owning February 11th 08, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By dlevy
Logbook in Review - Video

I've enjoyed your post and clips too. BTW, I fly a Musketeer out of
Lafayette, LA.

"A Lieberma" wrote in message...
Forum: Owning January 24th 08, 03:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By dlevy
Piston single research

What is the S35 model? What years were they produced?

Thanks.

"Newps" wrote in message
May as well stay in the family...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules December 29th 07, 12:22 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By dlevy
Seeking advice- checkride tips

I agree.

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message

The best advice is to simply catch and correct the screw-ups in a timely
manner. That...
Forum: Home Built September 1st 07, 11:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning
Posted By dlevy
How to shorten a Tach drive cable?

Speedometer shops are generally next door to the toaster store.

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote

Cable...
Forum: Owning September 1st 07, 11:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning
Posted By dlevy
How to shorten a Tach drive cable?

Speedometer shops are generally next door to the toaster store.

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote

Cable...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules June 29th 07, 08:07 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By dlevy
Garmin 396 weather problems

Uhhh.... north.
Thanks.

"paul kgyy" wrote in message
What direction were you flying? If north, sometimes the...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules June 27th 07, 02:56 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By dlevy
Garmin 396 weather problems

On a recent flight I could not get my 396 to download weather. I've called
Garmin, given them my antenna number, and was assured I don't have a bad
one. I took the magnets out so no warrenty...
Forum: Owning March 12th 07, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By dlevy
Mode C is reading high....

Transponder attitude is not corrected by ATC. Never has and never will be.
I, as the pilot in command, control transponder attitude. I'll shut the
damn thing off.

"Newps" ...
Forum: Owning March 12th 07, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By dlevy
Mode C is reading high....

......somebody in rec.aviation.ifr would just *love* this one.....

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
1) the...
Forum: Owning March 12th 07, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By dlevy
Residue under fuselage from breather?

I wish my first plane was a DA-40...... better yet, a DA-50.

"Sweendawg" wrote in message
snip
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules February 19th 07, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By dlevy
Organizational Skills Required During Instrument Flight

Andrew Sarangan taught me how to use a vor. My instructor told me a million
times but reading Mr. Sarangan's article seemed very clear to me. Mr.
Campbell's is similar.

wrote...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules February 19th 07, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By dlevy
Organizational Skills Required During Instrument Flight

I fly with two of these.
I write down every frequency change. It's not a big deal and on the return
flight it's nice to have all the frequencies written down so you know what
to expect.

I don't...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules February 7th 07, 08:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By dlevy
"Rolling" to ATC

I don't know why but that is funny.

"Rip" wrote in message
Anthony, why would it be undesirable were you to kill yourself...
Forum: Piloting February 7th 07, 08:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr

"Rip" wrote in message
Anthony, why would it be undesirable were you to kill yourself...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules January 31st 07, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By dlevy
Visual STARs

He asked, "where is that written?"

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Sam Spade writes:

And, where is that written?

Are...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules January 30th 07, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By dlevy
Visual STARs

Yes, it does...... I know I have learned a lot here....none of which was
related to the "sim" guy.

"Sam Spade" wrote in message
The...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules January 29th 07, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By dlevy
Visual STARs

It doesn't seem reasonable to me that this information should be discussed
with someone that obviously doesn't fly.......

......duh....

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message...
Forum: Owning January 29th 07, 09:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By dlevy
dirty oil

How fast does it burn oil? My engine had fine compression but the valve
hardware was worn out. The oil got black real quick. Let me guess.....
there was a period of inactivity? Do you foul...
Forum: Owning December 20th 06, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By dlevy
After an annual?

I was the first one to fly my airplane with an overhauled engine. I
recorded the flight parameters in the logbook just as a record that I did
what was recommended by the overhaul...
Forum: Owning December 13th 06, 03:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By dlevy
396 question

Pretty kewl. Thanks for taking the time to explain.

"Travis Marlatte" wrote in message
I work for NAVTEQ -...