Search: Posts made by: L33
Forum: Soaring April 14th 11, 01:07 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By L33
Blue Ridge Crash

Well I know it's been said many times before but ... Please recognize
that many pilots of Std Class gliders will always start takeoff roll
with airbrakes open.

Having owned and flown an L-33...
Forum: Soaring April 3rd 11, 02:55 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By L33
"Glider Crash Kills Pilot" in Boulder Colorado

The latest from the Boulder paper......

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/ci_17756348

Horst
Forum: Soaring April 2nd 11, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By L33
"Glider Crash Kills Pilot" in Boulder Colorado

From the Boulder newspaper:

http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_17751948

Our prayers go out to all who are dealing with this loss.

Horst
Forum: Soaring September 12th 10, 03:08 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By L33
Blanik L-33 Solo

Can anyone speak to the handling of this aircraft from personal
experience? *

I had one as my first glider and loved it. Roomy and easy to fly. It's
performance isn't 40+ to 1 but it was good...
Forum: Soaring August 5th 10, 03:17 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By L33
Soaring (cover) article in Colorado Country Life magazine

http://www.coloradocountrylife.coop/index.php/cover-stories.html
Forum: Soaring August 5th 10, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By L33
USAF Academy looking for new gliders

On Aug 4, 5:37*pm, Dave Newill wrote:
Just remember - the USAF Academy mission with their Soar-for-All
program is NOT to teach SOARING or even Gliding - but basic
Forum: Soaring August 1st 10, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By L33
USAF Academy looking for new gliders

On Aug 1, 8:12*am, Burt Compton - Marfa wrote:
USAF Request For Proposal: *FA8617-10-R-6210

They need approximately 20 new gliders, several trailers, support
equipment,...
Forum: Soaring December 5th 09, 02:26 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By L33
Standardising Pilot Licensing/Instructing and Safety issues

You forgot to say "Resistance is useless!"

Also missing was the obvious connection to global warming. This needs
to be contolled if we're going to save the ice caps!
Forum: Soaring November 17th 09, 03:08 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By L33
Best looking, older wood sailpane

I'd go with the Guillow's Jetfire. Millions sold over the years to a
huge number of future avaitors.

http://www.guillow.com/GuillowDetail.asp?UID=13178279&Num=3&prod=30&SeriesId=12&FamilyId=2

Horst
Forum: Soaring August 28th 09, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By L33
Giving Opportunity

I know there are awesome folks out there in the soaring community and
wanted to share with you my soaring spin on raising funds for a cancer
charity.

If you're interested please follow either of...
Forum: Soaring July 17th 09, 11:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By L33
A fair opportunity to compete?

This has been a very interesting thread with many facets that warrent
further review. I'd like to throw in support for a concern that Chad
(4Z) raised. There was a case two years ago at Parowan...