Dittel 833 radio by David Crowson
I am just about to buy a Dittel (now TQ) KRT2 radio, has anyone any experience good or bad with one of these?
Today 12:58 PM
by John Wells[_2_] Go to last post
6 35 Soaring
Tow hook for 182 by Ramy[_2_]
Our club is looking for a tow hook for 182, in particular Schweizer (partnumber 0500228-2) which is the STC'd approved hook for the Cessna 182. Any pointers are welcome. Thanks Ramy
by Dan Daly[_2_] Go to last post
11 139 Soaring
Recommendations for cataract surgery lenses for flying by teck48[_2_]
I'm due for cataract surgery. Any good or bad experiences with lens implants for flying? Eye doc is recommending multi focus lenses (as opposed to mono focus). And a slightly different lens in each eye. Both multifocal, but dominant eye implant optimized for distance. Anyone have any experience?...
by Peter Whitehead Go to last post
10 35 Soaring
Region 7 Contest by MNLou
Calling all pilots - Please join us for the Region 7 Contest at the beautiful Albert Lea MN. The contest practice day is Saturday May 20 and the contest runs from Sunday May 21 through Saturday May 26. This is a very well run contest. The CD is Geoff Weck and the CM is Leon Zeug. Minnesota...
The inadvisability of charging LiFePO4 batteries below 32F/0C (akabelow freezing) by son_of_flubber
When researching a step up to LiFePO4, I stumbled across this tidbit at http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_at_high_and_low_temperatures "Many battery users are unaware that consumer-grade lithium-ion batteries cannot be charged below 0°C (32°F). Although the pack appears to be...
by jfitch Go to last post
14 59 Soaring
Flarm collision alert from Tow Plane ADS-B by [email protected]
Now that our club tow plane has installed ADS-B out, I’m getting a constant collision alert on my S80, Flarm butterfly and Qudie while on tow. Is there any way to silence the collision alarm while on tow without turning off ADS-B targets on Flarm all together. I like seeing ADS-B targets while...
by Ramy[_2_] Go to last post
29 166 Soaring
What else would you name a Black Hawk helicopter? by [email protected]
On Sunday, February 17, 2002 at 7:26:38 PM UTC-5, Ken Benson wrote: Can any readers please suggest any (preferably humorous and witty) alternative name/s you'd give to a Black Hawk helicopter, instead of the Black Hawk name and any reason why you like that better. NightHawk....it should...
0 9 Rotorcraft
What else would you name a Black Hawk helicopter? by [email protected]
On Sunday, February 17, 2002 at 7:26:38 PM UTC-5, Ken Benson wrote: Can any readers please suggest any (preferably humorous and witty) alternative name/s you'd give to a Black Hawk helicopter, instead of the Black Hawk name and any reason why you like that better. NightHawk...should B...
0 10 Rotorcraft
March Soaring Mag by Tango Eight
(better late than never I guess, just showed up today) That's a beauty of a cover shot. Nice photo Tim. But an extra hearty well done to Brad & Bob. best, Evan Ludeman / T8
Today 01:47 AM
by Tango Eight Go to last post
0 17 Soaring
New layout for OLC? by Waveguru
New web layout for OLC, at least on my phone. I liked the old layout, but I balk at change.. Boggs
by Dave Springford Go to last post
10 53 Soaring
Bennie and the Fonzie Trophy by [email protected]
A few of old Miami glider pilots are going to make a trophy that will be awarded yearly in memory of two of the gentlemen that made South Florida soaring sites and memories unique and rewarding. A bit about these two guys would have you laughing and saying this must be fun and exciting. I could...
Today 12:37 AM
by Frank Whiteley Go to last post
1 16 Soaring
For Sale M&H KF-011 Oxygen Bottle by Bryce Sammeter
For Sale, M&H lightweight KF-011 Kevlar fiber wrapped oxygen bottle. Came as a spare with glider purchase. Manufactured 9/2011 and looks brand new and appears to possibly be unused. Installed CGA-540 valve with pressure gauge.. Appears to need hydro. Will ship for free in U.S., Discounted shipping...
Today 12:02 AM
by Bryce Sammeter Go to last post
2 18 Soaring
Mainwheel bearing service / greasing? by [email protected]
My friend who has a 26E told me he recently disassembled his main wheel bearing as the wheel was noisy when landing, he felt it lacked grease and after regreasing and reassembling he reports the wheel is much quieter. In my (31) Maintenance manual there is no mention of greasing the main bearing in...
Yesterday 11:10 PM
by James Thomson[_2_] Go to last post
9 31 Soaring
Piper PA25 Tost tow release conversion by [email protected]
We have run into an issue with the rear most anchoring bolts. The Tost kit as supplied uses AN6 bolts. The existing mounting holes are AN4. Any recommendations? Thanks, Dan 765 744 4132
Training panel discussion at the SSA Convention by [email protected]
"Training New Glider Pilots and Keeping Them Soaring" Growth and Retention: Training Panel Discussion Russell Holtz and Rhonda Clerkin of Gliderbooks.com will be moderating a panel discussion focused on training and its relationship to the growth and retention of soaring pilots.*The panel...
battery charge rate by john firth
Years ago , I replaced my PIK 20E SLA starter bat with an 8AH Odyssey; as it did not come with specific charging data, I used a 1A charger when needed . Thanks to our EAA president, it appears that Odyssey bats should be charged at a much high rate than SLA. 40% of the AH capacity, in amps 3 A...
Solution manual Open-Channel Flow (2nd Ed., M. Hanif Chaudhry) by [email protected]
12 Kasım 2016 Cumartesi 22:39:12 UTC+3 tarihinde yazdı: List of Solutions Manuals and Test Banks ________________________________________ contact to : mattosbw1(at)gmail.com
0 13 Home Built
For Sale: ASH-26E by [email protected]
Why not jump on the bandwagon... :-) http://wingsandwheels.com/class/classified.php?id=1231 2001 ASH-26E, 1500 hours, excellent shape, low engine time (I prefer to take a tow and (rarely) use the engine to save me from a long retrieve) Looking to downsize budget and glider, so will replace it...
by Darryl Ramm Go to last post
11 1,513 Soaring
2018 SSA Competition Rules Posted by Andy Blackburn[_3_]
US Racing Pilots and other interested parties: The 2018 SSA Competition Rules document is now available on the SSA website: http://www.ssa.org/ContestRules In a further move towards consolidation and simplification, the rules for all classes and levels of competition are now contained in a...
Yesterday 05:32 PM
by Andy Blackburn[_3_] Go to last post
0 18 Soaring
Stinson 108 Tow Release by Aaron Thomson
Guys/gals, Anyone have or know if any Stinson 108’s with a tow release? Looking to buy a Stinson 108-3 with a 220hp engine and wouldn’t mind having a back up towplane if our Pawnee is down for any reason other than scheduled maintenance. Thanks, fly safe! Aaron Thomson Nimbus 2B
Yesterday 04:54 PM
by 2KA Go to last post
2 29 Soaring
Ventus 2cxT For Sale by [email protected]
Very clean V2cxt for sale. At Harris Hill. Fully Equipped, available end of Perry regional. The real deal !