What have we learned from all this? by Bob Kuykendall
At 23:55 05 April 2020, Gregg Ballou wrote: ...Yearly flu has a higher body count... Quick update: Some time in the next few days, US deaths from Covid-19 will exceed 200,000. That's in about 7.5 months since the first death reported in early February. --Bob K.
by Eric Greenwell[_4_] Go to last post
28 99 Soaring
Hp-18 Glider: leaving it tied outside, not in trailer by Dan Goldman[_2_]
Hello all, Wonder if anyone has experience leaving a metal HP-18 glider tied down, out of the trailer. Any damage to the wing foam ribs ? wing bonding issues ? Corrosion ? Location is in the northeast USA. Dan
Today 07:06 PM
by Richard Pfiffner[_2_] Go to last post
2 3 Soaring
CAUTION - Active Scam Attempt on W&W Classifieds by Sean Franke
Scams occur in every corner and attempts at Wings & Wheels classifieds are not exempt. I feel it's important to make you aware of the scam that surfaced yesterday. We received over a dozen calls regarding a person who calls himself Michael Diaz (no doubt not his real name). If you have an active...
Today 06:25 PM
by mike maskell[_2_] Go to last post
9 63 Soaring
Any AC-4/5 “Russia” owners out there? by Jim M[_2_]
I’m a new owner looking for some tips and tricks. Here’s a couple of questions for starters: -What breaks first, and how do I fix it before that happens? -Is there an easy way to replace the main wheel/brake with something better? -I have two pitot sources, why? Thanks! Jim
Today 03:09 AM
by [email protected]gmail.com Go to last post
8 37 Soaring
Refinishing ASW24 by [email protected]
I have been working on the horizontal stab and the two elevators for the past two weeks. I have never seen such difficult gel coat to remove. I am no rookie at gel coat, have done many boats and a bit of glider repair, but this is a beast to remove. It took me six full days to remove the gel coat...
LS6 (a, b) NEO by [email protected]
Hello, here is a post of my friend Benjamin from the German gliding forum: "Hello, everybody, about three years ago a friend and I had the chance to develop new ("neo") 15m winglets for the LS8 in cooperation with DG Flugzeugbau. The flight experience with the winglets is quite positive. Now...
Yesterday 09:40 PM
by Moises Romero Go to last post
7 258 Soaring
Paraglider pilot missing in eastern Nevada by 2G
He flew with two other paragliders last Saturday and hasn't been heard from since: https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/local-nevada/infrared-tech-used-in-hunt-for-paraglider-pilot-missing-in-nevada-2104357/ This is very unforgiving country to be flying over. You can walk for an entire day and not...
by Semantics Michael Go to last post