Guidelines or formulas for how much water to dump in narrow or weakthermal racing? by Charles Ethridge
Hi, all. When racing a typical 1-2 hour flatland race in, say, a Diana2 or Ventus3-15 (15 meter ships with water ballast and flaps), are there any guidelines or formulas for how much water to dump, particularly when thermals are weak or narrow? Here are the parameters I'm thinking would apply...
by 2G Go to last post
28 90 Soaring
What have we learned from all this? by Bob Kuykendall
At 23:55 05 April 2020, Gregg Ballou wrote: ...Yearly flu has a higher body count... Quick update: Less than three months after the first US death from the novel coronovirus, today the US death toll from Covid-19 has passed 100,000.
Today 07:15 AM
by 2G Go to last post
4 17 Soaring
For Sale: Naviter Oudie IGC - like new by Jamie Shore
For Sale on eBay - see link below All communication will be handled through eBay system. More than $1,150 to buy a new Oudie IGC while this one is like new. About 1..5 years old and never used in an aircraft - never left the office. This Oudie IGC is like new condition with about three hours of...
Today 06:45 AM
by Chris Behm Go to last post
7 30 Soaring
OLC comment, MOP logging deactivated by [email protected]
Good day all, before the season start I downloaded the Flarm verion 6.83 and it installed ok. We just started flying and my declaration is in light grey as the OLC system decla Autocomment: Used Aircraft is FES glider, but MOP logging deactivated. I looked in my flarm info and the licences...
by kinsell Go to last post
15 65 Soaring
Do you own an IMI Power Rigger? by William Kautter
I'm considering the purchase of an IMI Power Rigger. If you own one I would very much appreciate information about your experience with it. Bill
Today 04:30 AM
by 2G Go to last post
5 23 Soaring
Private airport or small field for landout? by Charles Ethridge
Hi all. I'm a former cfi-i/mei and commercial glider pilot, but I've never gone cross-country in my PW-5 glider. Training up for it though. A question: If you are in an area where the fields are small, but there are several private airfields around, which should be your priority? Seems to me...
by Charles Longley Go to last post
32 67 Soaring
AOA indicator poll. by Luc Job
Hi! I have developed last year a solid-state AOA indicator, based on a differential pressure measurement (total pressure/pressure at angle) Undoubtedly, this is a primary flight instrument to me: -It shows where you are aerodynamically speaking, independently of all the variable parameters:...
by kirk.stant Go to last post
44 98 Soaring
Winch podcast Soaring the Sky by Jim S
Bill has many good points concerning winch launching. Listen on Spotify https://open.spotify.com/episode/2bcL5Zr7k3L37rjCEPjWD8?si=f6QOrMoyQyahCHF7CdA5Kg
Today 02:16 AM
by Jim S Go to last post
1 14 Soaring
Winch podcast by Jim S
Bill has many good points on winch launching. Give it a listen. https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-z5pha-dd8d1e
Today 02:11 AM
by Jim S Go to last post
1 9 Soaring
DG-303 spar issues - puchase? by Paul[_11_]
For a new glider pilot, do you think a DG-303 glider would be a good glider to purchase? I really like the design, and I've tried to understand all the issues that occurred around 2007 (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!starred/rec.aviation.soaring/SspUMjJ-YYo), however not sure what the end result...
by rudolph stutzmann Go to last post
30 131 Soaring
Cobra Trailer Keys by Steve Leonard[_2_]
I have just sent the question to Wings and Wheels, but thought I would ask here as well. I have Key EK200. They now sell EK200A and EK200B. Anyone know if the keys are the same, but maybe just with and without the black plastic at the top of they key? They show EK450 both with and without...
Today 12:39 AM
by Martin Gregorie[_6_] Go to last post