Search: Posts made by: john smith
Forum: Piloting November 27th 08, 04:16 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By john smith
Questions on high altitude pressures

In article ,
wrote:

The relation between altitude and pressure is actually logrithmic, but
up to about 10,000 feet or so the rule of...
Forum: Piloting November 27th 08, 03:57 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By john smith
Just checking in...how's everyone been?

In article , Bob Noel
wrote:

I gather that the Germans are a bit more responsible about drinking.
Specifically not getting blitzed. Which...
Forum: Home Built November 4th 08, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By john smith
O200 titan cylinders

John Ammeter wrote:
that too... although I'm not aware of an O-200 with FI.

John Smith wrote:
The Army's L-16 (Aeronca Champ's) had an injected 85 HP (?) Continental....
Forum: Home Built November 4th 08, 01:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By john smith
O200 titan cylinders

In article ,
John Ammeter wrote:

that too... although I'm not aware of an O-200 with FI.

The Army's L-16...
Forum: Piloting October 29th 08, 11:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By john smith
Jay Leno videos

In article
,
gpsman wrote:

On Oct 27, 11:53 pm, John Smith wrote:
Stumbled across...
Forum: Piloting October 28th 08, 04:53 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By john smith
Jay Leno videos

Stumbled across these while looking for something...
Forum: Piloting October 27th 08, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By john smith
WSJ Book Review: Jetpack Dreams

After the debacle at the 2008 AirVenture, this may be an interesting
look at the history of these devices.

* BOOKS
* OCTOBER 27, 2008

Great Idea, Limited Uplift
Years ago, Buck Rogers fans yearned...
Forum: Home Built October 26th 08, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By john smith
Badwater Bill

In article ,
Ron Wanttaja wrote:

Law enforcement personnel that initially responded to the accident site went
to the area...
Forum: Piloting October 24th 08, 04:37 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By john smith
Landing KJAN with ATC Communications - Video

In article
,
" wrote:

How did you input the audio on this video?

Not quite sure where...
Forum: Piloting October 23rd 08, 04:06 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By john smith
Landing KJAN with ATC Communications - Video

In article
,
" wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4Ccc0lWMis

First crack at...
Forum: Owning October 20th 08, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By john smith
Flight to Bennington VT (KDDH)

What camera was used?
Forum: Piloting October 15th 08, 03:31 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By john smith
A380 Cockpit View

In article
,
wrote:

One odd bit that I cant figure out - what on earth are
the "eggs" just below the...
Forum: Home Built October 14th 08, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By john smith
DARPA calls for help in designing submersible aircraft

In article ,
Anthony W wrote:

John Smith wrote:
In article ,
Anthony W...
Forum: Home Built October 13th 08, 12:39 AM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By john smith
DARPA calls for help in designing submersible aircraft

In article ,
Anthony W wrote:

Anybody remember that inflatable airplane Goodyear experimented with
after WWII? I would think...
Forum: Home Built October 10th 08, 02:47 PM Posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Posted By john smith
DARPA calls for help in designing submersible aircraft

In article ,
Charles Vincent wrote:

Vehicle would be used to secretly drop military teams along coastal
locations -- Sharon...
Forum: Piloting September 27th 08, 10:45 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By john smith
Preflighting my plane - Video

In article [email protected],
"Kloudy via AviationKB.com" [email protected] wrote:

John Smith wrote:

Fuel at $8.00+ per gallon is too precious to "chuck on the ground".
There is a device...
Forum: Piloting September 26th 08, 09:25 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By john smith
Preflighting my plane - Video

In article [email protected],
"Kloudy via AviationKB.com" [email protected] wrote:

I Haven't flown an airplane for around 20+ years but I remember most of the
preflight procedure from memory. One...
Forum: Piloting September 25th 08, 01:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Replies: 34
BRS
Posted By john smith
BRS

In article ,
Gezellig wrote:

Recent Cessna Skycatcher chute failed to deploy.

Forum: Piloting September 25th 08, 01:16 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By john smith
Always check your flight controls BEFORE starting your engine

In article
,
Orval Fairbairn wrote:

In article ,
Forum: Piloting September 24th 08, 10:03 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By john smith
Always check your flight controls BEFORE starting your engine

I always check my brakes, right then left, immediately upon rolling
forward to taxi.
I once had a non-functional right brake and could only make left turns
to get back to the parking spot. Had I...
Forum: Piloting September 13th 08, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By john smith
Eclipse Loses Part

NTSB Identification: CHI08IA200
14 CFR Part 91: General Aviation
Incident occurred Thursday, July 17, 2008 in Rockford, IL
Aircraft: Eclipse Aviation Corporation EA500, registration: N875NA
Injuries:...
Forum: Piloting September 12th 08, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By john smith
A simple Flight to ACY

In article ,
"Kobra" wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwaWXc2vv6o

Gene
Details please...
- what camera
- mountings for...
Forum: Owning September 12th 08, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By john smith
A simple Flight to ACY

In article ,
"Kobra" wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwaWXc2vv6o

Gene
Details please...
- what camera
- mountings for...
Forum: Piloting September 11th 08, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By john smith
Waddling Eagle, by the Wizard of Draws

RST Engineering wrote:
Fast Cheap Quality. Pick any two.

jeremy wrote:
Remember that when you wnat me to rush my writing your tech manual :-)

Jim's tech manuals are...
Forum: Owning September 11th 08, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By john smith
Attempted forced entry.

In article [email protected], "Mike"
wrote:

That sounds pretty benign to me. In my part of the country the main
question would be which hog ate what part....