And Speaking of Batteries and Center of Gravity by Dan Marotta
I'm thinking of eliminating the tail battery in my Stemme but need the weight for proper balance.* I know I could replace it with pure lead, but that's a lot of work so I've come up with a plan that would be more satisfying and I would like comments and/or suggestions. My thought is to...
Today 01:25 AM
by Mike the Strike Go to last post
5 24 Soaring
Short film by Max Romey about New Zealand soaring by [email protected]
Enjoy! https://www.facebook.com/1451621915054131/posts/2269375169945464/ https://youtu.be/y0wBcOD6nhk
Today 12:38 AM
by Bruce Hoult Go to last post
8 49 Soaring
Glider Simulator Training at the USAFA by [email protected]
In the summer of 2018, the United States Air Force Academy began using Mach 0.1 Simulated Glider Cockpits as part of their "Glider Airmanship" course. The data collected from the course shows that the solo rate for students who completed the course in 2018 was more than double the solo rate of the...
by Frank Whiteley Go to last post
15 53 Soaring
What electronics are worth buying by John Huthmaker
With Christmas coming up, what are some things worth asking Santa for? Is there any decent GPS devices that are reasonably priced? I'm thinking around the $500 mark. I already have a handheld transceiver. I have a nice headset for power planes. I have a parachute. At my soaring club, all of...
US COMPETITION RULES COMMITTEE 2018 POLL RESULTS by Andy Blackburn[_3_]
Results of the US Competition Rules Committee 2018 Poll are now posted on the Contest Rules and Process page of SSA.org. Thanks to the large number of pilots who provided responses and detailed feedback. The Committee looks forward to further input and dialog as we head into the 2019 season....
IGC-approval for LX Navigation Flarm Eagle Flight Recorder by Ian Strachan
I am pleased to announce IGC-approval for the LX Navigation Flarm Eagle for badge flights up to and including Diamonds. The IGC-approval document may be downloaded from either the GFAC or FAI/IGC web sites, see below, together with other information on IGC-approved Flight Recorders. Ian...
Yesterday 05:37 PM
by Ian Strachan Go to last post
0 15 Soaring
Solution manual Open-Channel Flow (2nd Ed., M. Hanif Chaudhry) by [email protected]
Can you please send me the solution of Open-Channel Flow (2nd Ed., M. Hanif Chaudhry)? Thank you in advance
0 11 Home Built
Rechargeable Zinc-Air battery moves closer to commercialization by son_of_flubber
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/26/business/energy-environment/zinc-battery-solar-power.html
by Martin Gregorie[_6_] Go to last post