Search: Posts made by: Ibby (The Artist Formerly Known as Chris)
Forum: Piloting March 21st 07, 05:01 PM Posted to rec.scouting.usa,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,alt.disasters.aviation
Scouts have bumpy landing

On Mar 21, 4:55 pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
Ibby (The Artist Formerly Known as Chris) writes:

Boy that statement must have been very difficult for you to type

Not at all. ...
Forum: Piloting March 21st 07, 04:46 PM Posted to rec.scouting.usa,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,alt.disasters.aviation
Scouts have bumpy landing

Non-experts trying to pass themselves off as experts are very afraid to ever
say this, lest their cover be blown.

Boy that statement...
Forum: Piloting March 11th 07, 11:13 PM Posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Tweaking the throttle on approach

I used to be good at Grand Prix 3 but that didnt make me as good as
Michael Schumachur (sp?)
I used to be good at Call of Duty but that doesn't make me a marine
and capable of killing the enemy with...
Forum: Piloting March 11th 07, 12:00 AM Posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Tweaking the throttle on approach

Nevertheless, I learned to drive a stick in a few hours.

Gosh MX you ARE amazing. I have seen many drivers from Europe. Been
in a car...
Forum: Piloting March 10th 07, 11:55 PM Posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Tweaking the throttle on approach

Perhaps true but it serves a purpose with the likes of serious or
fatal injuries.
Money makes the world go round so what better way to penalise worse
drivers and/or pilots by increasing their...
Forum: Piloting March 10th 07, 11:51 PM Posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Tweaking the throttle on approach

That would be the Moonies.

Thats what I said albeit spelt Mooneys - but meant the same thing

Ibby
Forum: Piloting March 10th 07, 03:32 PM Posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Tweaking the throttle on approach

But learning to drive with a manual transmission only takes a day. I suspect
that learning to move a gear lever or a flaps lever is comparable.

Do you drive MX???????? - or is this another...
Forum: Piloting March 10th 07, 03:20 PM Posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Tweaking the throttle on approach

On Mar 10, 3:04 pm, "Tony" wrote:
I am proud to be among the tribe of Mooney lovers --mine is an M20J
-- and resent you suggesting a guy who disturbs huge numbers of
Forum: Piloting March 10th 07, 03:14 PM Posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Tweaking the throttle on approach

Why do you need insurance?

So if you crash into someone elses property who pays for that?

If you hit my car, damaged it or God forbit...
Forum: Piloting March 10th 07, 03:01 PM Posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Tweaking the throttle on approach

Whys that when, as you have stated already, there is no difference to
flying in the sim and that of real life.

Ibby

Indeed, if I were a real pilot and I had just spent $2 million on a Baron, I
Forum: Piloting March 10th 07, 02:53 PM Posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Tweaking the throttle on approach

On Mar 10, 2:42 pm, "Don Burnette"
wrote:
"Ibby (The Artist Formerly Known as Chris)" wrote
in...
Forum: Piloting March 10th 07, 02:46 PM Posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Tweaking the throttle on approach

But following that logic, people who learn to drive with a manual transmission
should have more trouble than those who learn to drive with an automatic, and
yet that does not seem to be the...
Forum: Piloting March 10th 07, 02:39 PM Posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Tweaking the throttle on approach

As I've said, it sounds like you don't have your sim configured correctly.

MX

I was going to ignore you but your stupidity really...
Forum: Piloting March 2nd 07, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
A real life pilot's first sim experience

On Feb 28, 9:18 pm, "Tony" wrote:
The deal is this: I wanted to fly a loop in my M20J for a long time,
but it's hard to get around the 30 degree pitch limitation