Search: Posts made by: Craig Reinholt
Forum: Soaring July 24th 18, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Craig Reinholt
OLC 7/24 USA issues

OLC seems to be having issues. Flights upload, but ghosting out. Any ideas?
Craig
Forum: Soaring July 20th 18, 03:05 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Craig Reinholt
Rescue Aid

As important as it is to have proper equipment in case of a bailout, THE goal is to get quickly out of the cockpit and deploy your parachute. A balance is necessary for the bailout equipment and safe...
Forum: Soaring July 18th 18, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Craig Reinholt
Emailing contest flight log to scorer

On Wednesday, July 18, 2018 at 7:46:01 AM UTC-7, wrote:
From the cockpit, I want to transfer my flight log to my phone and email it to the contest scorer.

If your IGC...
Forum: Soaring July 9th 18, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Craig Reinholt
Trailer shade

On Sunday, July 8, 2018 at 1:47:47 PM UTC-7, wrote:
My Trailer is kept outdoors during the summer.
Thinking about a shade to protect it from the sun.
Anyone has any...
Forum: Soaring May 7th 18, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Craig Reinholt
Notable Power Flarm saves - Is it 'worth it'?

On Sunday, May 6, 2018 at 8:42:20 AM UTC-7, Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Sunday, May 6, 2018 at 8:12:34 AM UTC-7, Craig Reinholt wrote:
On Sunday, May 6, 2018 at 6:25:25 AM UTC-7, ...
Forum: Soaring May 6th 18, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Craig Reinholt
Notable Power Flarm saves - Is it 'worth it'?

On Sunday, May 6, 2018 at 6:25:25 AM UTC-7, wrote:
My message for a long time has been: If you fly near areas of dense airliners, fast jets and military traffic, just get a...
Forum: Soaring April 27th 18, 08:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Craig Reinholt
Tapered pins (again)

or ;-)
http://www.slugger.com/en-us/baseball/wood

Go to the hardware store and look for hammer handles.
UH
Forum: Soaring August 9th 17, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Craig Reinholt
ASW27B prices falling

All prices of gliders been on a steady decline for several years now. The cost of a good sailplane has never been so affordable, thanks to the equal decline of the soaring interest.......

and if...
Forum: Soaring June 24th 17, 04:59 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Craig Reinholt
Adapting medical cannulas to work with an EDS?

On Thursday, June 22, 2017 at 8:39:18 PM UTC-7, Bill G wrote:
Has anyone figured this out? I want to be able to have cannulas for all my clients for flying near Aspen, but $8 a pop for someone who...
Forum: Soaring June 15th 17, 03:48 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Craig Reinholt
Softie

On Wednesday, June 14, 2017 at 5:33:23 PM UTC-7, wrote:
So, after reading the Letter from the FAA and the service life limits addressed in the TSO, can we assume that the riggers...
Forum: Soaring June 9th 17, 05:55 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Craig Reinholt
most comfortable parachute ?

Considering the information came from a Master rigger (3+ decades), ex Para-Phernalia manufacturing employee, Dealer for Softie, and over 10,000 jumps, I am pretty certain his information is...
Forum: Soaring June 8th 17, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Craig Reinholt
most comfortable parachute ?

I have a new Softie. It is less comfortable than my previous National 425.
Regarding a ram air chute, they are designed to open softly and they take about 800' to fully open. An emergency round chute...
Forum: Soaring May 28th 17, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Craig Reinholt
Reserve altitude

I prefer setting an appropriate pattern entry altitude for the simple reason that many places I fly have a ridge or other high obstacle to clear before I get home. The LX9000 software will show if my...
Forum: Soaring April 9th 17, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Craig Reinholt
FAI Sailplane Grand Prix USA 🇺🇸 Orlando

On Saturday, April 8, 2017 at 5:59:17 PM UTC-7, Bruce Hoult wrote:
On Sunday, April 9, 2017 at 3:36:46 AM UTC+3, wrote:
I'll jump in as one of the organizers for the Nephi...
Forum: Soaring March 21st 17, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Craig Reinholt
We need an ASW-19 rebirth for $25,000

On Monday, March 20, 2017 at 5:50:01 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Again, no one on here will discuss these questions:

How much was a PW-5 brand new?

What would that be worth in...
Forum: Soaring March 20th 17, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Craig Reinholt
We need an ASW-19 rebirth for $25,000

Perhaps if there was enough orders for the remaking of the ASW-19, say 50 orders at a reasonable price, the Alexander Schliecher factory could start up production again.

Just like Chevrolet...
Forum: Soaring March 15th 17, 02:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Craig Reinholt
LS7 control stick diameter and LXNav remote stick

On Thursday, March 9, 2017 at 4:47:55 PM UTC-8, Gianni Isotope wrote:
My short arms have me looking at adding an LXNav remote stick in order to control the S80 vario that I have installed in my...
Forum: Soaring March 4th 17, 07:01 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Craig Reinholt
Make Sailplane Racing Great Again

On Saturday, March 4, 2017 at 9:53:51 AM UTC-8, wrote:
You've said it best, there are lots of "tough nuts to crack."

I very much respect that you are not in denial. ...
Forum: Soaring February 7th 17, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Craig Reinholt
Oldie and Power Flarm

On Tuesday, February 7, 2017 at 1:38:54 PM UTC-8, Tim Taylor wrote:
John,

The answer is it depends. Depending on your mission SeeYou Mobile is fine. For cross-country flying the SYM is...
Forum: Soaring January 18th 17, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Craig Reinholt
ASG-29 vrs V3 ... observations from WGC Benalla pilots.

On Wednesday, January 18, 2017 at 3:30:43 PM UTC-8, wrote:
OK, this is a real shot in the dark. To the ASG-29-18 and JS1-18 Benalla pilots who had a chance to thermal and run...
Forum: Soaring November 15th 16, 03:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Craig Reinholt
Phantom flights?

And the 20's N number has been registered to a Cirrus SR22 for many years...
Forum: Soaring October 26th 16, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Craig Reinholt
US Competition Pilot Poll and Election

Dan, didn't you know that "tonnage" and shouting at the top of your voice ALWAYS wins? ;-)
Craig
Forum: Soaring September 4th 16, 04:24 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Craig Reinholt
emailing your log file from an iPhone

Dave, any issues with the HooToo being 3.0? Per PF, they are using 2.0 (below).

Core has a built-in USB A 2.0 connector for a memory stick. The stick is used for device updates and readout of device...
Forum: Soaring August 2nd 16, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Craig Reinholt
Tail Dolly Tire

On Monday, August 1, 2016 at 8:01:15 AM UTC-7, John Cochrane wrote:
The tail dolly tire is flat again. The last time this happened, it took me bloody forever to get the tire bead off the rim, and...
Forum: Soaring July 9th 16, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Craig Reinholt
Cobra Trailer Tow Chain Attach Points

State safety chain requirements differ. Here is a summary by state.
http://www.expediter.com/natm%20pdf%20folder/B%20folder/B3%206-State%20Safety%20Chain%20Laws-Table.pdf
When in doubt, go to your...