Search: Posts made by: Charlie Papa[_2_]
Forum: Soaring August 18th 18, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Papa[_2_]
Grob Gasket for 103 Twin II Acro

IIRC, the rubber gasket seal around the cockpit is a Volkswagon part. Can someone give me the part number, or correct my recollection? The G 103 owned by Youth Flight Canada Education Fund has a torn...
Forum: Soaring July 17th 18, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Papa[_2_]
Ray Galloway (P1)

On Tuesday, 17 July 2018 08:08:53 UTC-4, wrote:
Sad news indeed. I remember Ray well from many Seniors contests in years past
when he was the weatherman.

He had...
Forum: Soaring June 12th 18, 01:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Papa[_2_]
Glider Pilot Brain Development

Seems this stuff may make us smarter:

A rare comfort for those of us worried about the effects of ageing on the grey matter ;)
Forum: Soaring June 5th 18, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Papa[_2_]
LXNAV Experience

On Tuesday, 5 June 2018 06:29:09 UTC-4, Per Carlin wrote:
Have always been meet with good service from LxNav.

In my experience, they have been the gold standard, responding even on a weekend, and...
Forum: Soaring November 29th 17, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Papa[_2_]
iCOM IC-A5 charger

I need the specs on the charger for the iCOM IC-A5 charger, - the output voltage and preferably a photo of the data plate on the charger.

I ordered a replacement for a lost one, but the otherwise...
Forum: Soaring September 29th 17, 01:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Papa[_2_]
Final Glide - Ray Temchus

On Thursday, 28 September 2017 14:48:51 UTC-7, Charlie Papa wrote:
I just got the sad news that Ray Temchus, former President of Freedom's Wings International, has passed away.

Ray was the...
Forum: Soaring September 28th 17, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Papa[_2_]
Final Glide - Ray Temchus

I just got the sad news that Ray Temchus, former President of Freedom's Wings International, has passed away.

Ray was the first quadriplegic Commercial license glider pilot in the USA, and the first...
Forum: Soaring July 10th 17, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Papa[_2_]
Sad News

On Monday, 10 July 2017 08:25:18 UTC-4, Robert Fidler wrote:
Gene Rinke has passed away after a year-long fight with brain cancer. I visited him a week ago and he remained in good spirits even...
Forum: Soaring June 28th 17, 12:22 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Papa[_2_]
Broken Phone, Missing App

I had an app on my Nexus phone that satisfied the ramp check requirements for an up-to-date VNC chart, and best of all it was free.

Then, I wore my phone into a swimming pool. Turns out, that's not...
Forum: Soaring June 13th 17, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Papa[_2_]
Thank You See You

See You has granted a licence, a perpetual update one, to Youth Flight Canada Education Fund to support our youth scholarship program at York Soaring Association near Toronto.

The program offers...
Forum: Soaring May 22nd 17, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Papa[_2_]
FS: 4 Becker 4201 Radio

On Monday, 22 May 2017 14:12:05 UTC-4, Ross wrote:
Due to a few customers changing and upgrading we have 4 Becker 4201 radios for sale
Can be delivered with a harness or just a connector as...
Forum: Soaring May 18th 17, 09:11 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Papa[_2_]
Clueless news reporting

On Thursday, 18 May 2017 00:43:54 UTC-4, wrote:
http://www.kaaltv.com/news/more-than-20-glider-teams-coming-compete-in-albert-lea-/4483097/

It's good to get coverage, but...
Forum: Soaring May 16th 17, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Papa[_2_]
Seminole Lake Gliderport Hangars

On Tuesday, 16 May 2017 07:20:44 UTC-4, wrote:
On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 9:29:45 PM UTC-4, Kevin Christner wrote:
Asw20 is Sean

What a jerk! Asw20 that is. Get a...
Forum: Soaring April 19th 17, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Papa[_2_]
Seminole Lake Owner Arrested

On Tuesday, 18 April 2017 21:29:01 UTC-4, wrote:
Update on Mihai Tanjala's status:

Mihai Tanjala, founder of the infamous "Two and a Quarter", is currently serving life...
Forum: Soaring March 12th 17, 08:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Papa[_2_]
Gone West, Roy Coulliette

It must have been a decade or two ago; I went to Turf for acro lessons while my wife took golf lessons 25 miles away. I wrote the following for my country's soaring magazine:

The shriek of the wind...
Forum: Soaring March 12th 17, 06:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Papa[_2_]
LX NAV Technical Help

A big tip of the hat to Erazem and the team at LX NAV!

I suffered a glitch at the Seniors Contest yesterday to my LX 8080: it would not finish a flight despite shutting down and restarting. An...
Forum: Soaring February 14th 17, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Papa[_2_]
AL-KO Cobra Trailer Coupler Keyhole Slot?

On Tuesday, 14 February 2017 08:10:16 UTC-5, OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
On the side of the AL-KO 2" coupler on my Cobra trailer there is a "keyhole" shaped hole. What is it for?...
Forum: Soaring February 10th 17, 05:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Papa[_2_]
IGC Flight Replay

On Thursday, 9 February 2017 01:11:35 UTC-5, JS wrote:
Just tried to use IGC Flight Replay and had errors.
Looked on the Flight Replay website, found the news.
http://ywtw.de/igcsimen.html
Forum: Soaring January 23rd 17, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Papa[_2_]
Schempp-Hirth Font Face

SH gave me the artwork when I repainted my 2cT, and I think I still have it. PM me and when I finish my trip the 27th I'll see if I can find it on my home computer. It made a very nice vinyl cutout...
Forum: Soaring December 27th 16, 01:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Papa[_2_]
Vacation and Add-on

On Thursday, 22 December 2016 23:35:47 UTC-5, wrote:
Looking to get a glider add on rating through a commercial school to do it quickly. Nothing near by me suits this so I...
Forum: Soaring December 10th 16, 02:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Papa[_2_]
ways to improve Club Social Time

On Friday, 9 December 2016 12:26:02 UTC-5, wrote:
My club is doing well and growing but our set up is not great for socializing. I think it would be nice if there were a few...
Forum: Soaring December 4th 16, 12:38 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Papa[_2_]
AOPA PILOT "In Praise of Soaring"

On Thursday, 1 December 2016 09:46:10 UTC-5, Charlie Papa wrote:
The current issue of AOPA PILOT features an article I wrote about flying at Omarama New Zealand titled IN PRAISE OF SOARING. I...
Forum: Soaring December 1st 16, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Papa[_2_]
AOPA PILOT "In Praise of Soaring"

The current issue of AOPA PILOT features an article I wrote about flying at Omarama New Zealand titled IN PRAISE OF SOARING. I think it can be accessed by non-AOPA members at...
Forum: Soaring November 6th 16, 12:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Papa[_2_]
Seminole-Lake Gliderport is Thriving

On Saturday, 5 November 2016 19:44:00 UTC-4, Ramy wrote:
The "vote Trump everyone" blended so well with the attitude of this post I could see it coming before I read it.

With apologies for...
Forum: Soaring October 11th 16, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Charlie Papa[_2_]
Heartfelt Thank You

On Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at 9:45:53 AM UTC-4, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
Have been around aviation my entire adult life. I know of one instance where letting go of the controls saved one...