Search: Posts made by: Terry
Forum: Piloting December 23rd 10, 04:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Terry
Just wishing!

"Morgans" wrote in message

"birdog" wrote in message
If ever I...
Forum: Piloting December 13th 10, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Terry
Am I too old to fly?

"Philip Mellinger" wrote in message
I was thinking about taking up flying, but
not sure if I'm too...
Forum: Piloting September 16th 10, 01:15 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Terry
Question About Mid-Air Collisions

"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
jason219 wrote:

Hello everyone.

Hello! Welcome...
Forum: Owning September 12th 10, 03:46 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Terry
Tomahawk, a good buy?

"Chrisdt" wrote in message

I recently saw a Piper Tomahawk on bidbuyandfly.com selling for 110
000
ZAR, or...
Forum: Piloting June 11th 10, 03:01 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Terry
More on the Stearman flip at DCA: and a new checklist item

"Many pilots don't
realize that what is absolutely normal in the way of sight, sound, and
movement to them, might be absolutely terrifying on the extreme end
and "of concern" on the low end, to a...
Forum: Piloting May 6th 10, 02:21 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Terry
First post

"birdog" wrote in message
I am an 83 year old ex-pilot - lost my medical some 30 years ago,
but my interest in aviation has never...
Forum: Piloting May 5th 10, 01:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Terry
Sure is easy to read this newsgroup!

snipped

Just lately the non aviation threads have been so obvious its not
worth using a killfile.
Just go past them.

For those who are using Google Groups go to http://www.penney.org/...
Forum: Piloting May 5th 10, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Terry
Sure is easy to read this newsgroup!

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Terry" wrote in message
Forum: Piloting May 5th 10, 02:16 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Terry
Sure is easy to read this newsgroup!

Over the last month I've "kill filed" or "blocked sender" in IE
express all the obvious non-pilot posters. Troll posters AND troll
feeders. Only about 10 people left! I know I've "killed" a few...
Forum: Owning May 2nd 10, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Terry
Apollo Flybuddy Loran Replacement

Now that I have a worthless Flybuddy in my panel I'm trying to decide
the best way to replace it. I've used a Garmin 296 as my first choice
for navigation but it was always nice to have the...
Forum: Piloting February 10th 10, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Terry
Cirrus - 180 turn, comments and question for those interested

When I read about accidents such as this I must admit I get a "knot"
in my stomach thinking about it. This accident and others should be
reflected upon so that all of us might learn from it. I...
Forum: Piloting December 17th 09, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Terry
Frozen Flaps

"Robert Moore" wrote in message
"Terry" wrote
I know my C150 will fly with 20 degrees of flap.
With 20 I...
Forum: Piloting December 17th 09, 03:11 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Terry
Frozen Flaps

"brian whatcott" wrote in message
I am still familiarizing with a newly acquired 150.
The other day I flew on a...
Forum: Piloting October 13th 09, 02:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Terry
Cessna 150 annual costs

"Anonymous Pilot" wrote in message
I'm, posting anonymous as I don't want identify the maintenance shop
involved.

I own...
Forum: Owning July 27th 09, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Terry
OT-San Antonio Lodging

As a member of this newsgroup for many years, I thought this would be a
good place to get advice from my fellow pilots.

My son is leaving for Afghanistan on the 21st of Aug from Camp Bullis. I
am...
Forum: Piloting July 27th 09, 02:03 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Terry
OT-San Antonio Lodging

As a member of this newsgroup for many years, I thought this would be a
good place to get advice from my fellow pilots.

My son is leaving for Afghanistan on the 21st of Aug from Camp Bullis. I
am...
Forum: Piloting June 14th 09, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Terry
Shuttle Transport Story

The shuttle transport may very well have flown some distance along the
beach for some reason and someone might actually use "Triple Nickel"
as a handle; but as to most of this story... let...
Forum: Piloting May 2nd 09, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Terry
Son's first solo!

I'm a proud papa! My son had his tail feathers clipped yesterday,
after he
made his required three complete solo circuits and landings, all
nicely in control and smooth.

snip)

Jim in...
Forum: Owning March 12th 09, 12:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Terry
Anyone installed a landing light flasher?

Jim

Don't pay attention to some of these idiots contributing nothing
informative to the newsgroup.

You have contributed much and alot of us appreciate it. I've been
flying since 1980 and...
Forum: Owning January 15th 09, 02:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Terry
Using car exhaust for engine Pre- heat??

Typical exhaust gas temps at the tail pipe would not be hot enough. I
would worry about corrosive gases, condensation etc getting into and
behind the instrument panel and gauges. I use the "Red...
Forum: Piloting December 26th 08, 02:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Terry
Mystery holes.

I think you might have something there Frank!
I know 28 years ago as a student pilot, I might have "dented" the
runway a few times with my landings! :)

Happy New Year .... Terry N6401F

"Frank...
Forum: Piloting December 26th 08, 01:01 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Terry
Mystery holes.

I suspect the holes are abandoned oil wells from long ago. Nothing left
but the damage from bringing up the "substrate" to the surface.
Limestone, oil soaked earth etc that no plant can grow in or...
Forum: Owning November 27th 08, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Terry
DIY Garmin GPS Internal Battery Replacement (Updated)

"Mike Spera" wrote in message
It has been over 10 days since the battery swap out. Went flying over
the past...
Forum: Owning November 11th 08, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By Terry
DIY Garmin GPS Internal Battery Replacement

Thought I'd post this for those who own the older Garmin 296's,396's etc
and have been having trouble with the units taking a long time to aquire
satellites, clock displays wrong time and date on...
Forum: Piloting October 10th 08, 12:45 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Terry
Close down r.a.p

I make a motion to shut this news group down. Unfortunately, there is
no
more good to be learned from this once thriving educational site.

May it R.I.P.
--

Regards, Ross
C-172F...