what is that noise? by gregv
Hello, I fly a 1979 Nimbus 2 carbon, and since a few years I hear a cracking noise behind me. That noise occurs more often after a few hours of flight, maybe related to temperature change with altitude. You can hear the cracking noise in this...
Today 01:22 PM
by gregv Go to last post
2 17 Soaring
Flarmview versus Flarmview 57 by [email protected]
I'm interested in purchasing a Flarmcore soon and I'm curious which of the displays would work best. I have a spare 57mm hole in the panel now, so the Flarmview 57 seems to be the simplest installation. I'm curious if having the extra buttons on the original Flarmview make this device easier to...
Today 07:53 AM
by Matt Herron Jr. Go to last post
7 42 Soaring
Wanted urgently: A DAR-T that is prepared to help by Ross[_3_]
I have purchased a sailplane in the US and am struggling with German authorities to get it certified due to their requirements. The aircraft in question hasn't flown for 8 years and is not airworthy and I require a statement from a DAR-T saying just that. Is there anyone that can help me on this?
Today 07:40 AM
by Ross[_3_] Go to last post
6 53 Soaring
Antennae by John McCullagh[_2_]
I have a new glider on order and naturally I want to build-in all the things it will need over the next ten years at least, rather than adding things later piecemeal. In the non-carbon part of the fin I plan to have a radio aerial, a transponder aerial and a Flarm aerial. However it seems that...
by kinsell Go to last post
20 57 Soaring
Ventus rigging advice, please? by John McLaughlin
I've recently started flying a Ventus2. I can't rig the thing without a lot of struggle. The trouble is, there's a cover above the spars and you can't see anything once the first wing is in. I struggle to get the second wing to fit, never knowing whether it's a bit too high or a bit too low....
by Steve Bralla Go to last post
33 270 Soaring
Region 11 Truckee, California - FINAL CONTEST DAY - GOES-17 vis Videoand Flight Track by WaltWX[_2_]
Kudos.. to the R11 organizers, CDs and pilots for pulling of a difficult contest. Poor weather resulted in 4 days of contest flying including one California Grand Prix task. The last day was the only real racing day, won by John Cochrane "BB" in his ASH-31mi. It shows a classic Minden/Truckee...
Today 01:01 AM
by jfitch Go to last post
1 21 Soaring
Mountain Flying - Soaraspen.com by Bill G
I just wanted to put out to the group that I have been offering scenic tours in my Stemme S-10V since 2015 from Aspen, Colorado. If you know anyone who comes here to visit or if you would like to get a chance to fly in a dense mountainous environment to practice or learn mountainous terrain cross...
Yesterday 11:57 PM
by AS Go to last post
6 26 Soaring
No LXNav TrafficView Manual??? by John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net
The new LXNav TrafficView has been available for a while now. But where the heck is the manual? I know, I know, it is similar enough to the older FlarmView so we can "just figure things out". But a new expensive product and no manual available at startup? Really? One thing we have all...
by Dan Marotta Go to last post