Search: Posts made by: Cirrus
Forum: Piloting April 1st 07, 06:26 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Cirrus
A question from a lurker

Hi Richard,
Usually pilots keep the nosewheel on the centerline, unless there is
reason not to. Some of the posters here brought up good reasons not to
stay on center. One thing that I don't think...
Forum: Piloting December 9th 06, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Cirrus
question about engines

Oil cooled?
Not familiar - these are air cooled engines.

Yes they do depend on oil flow for some cooling - and they also depend
on fuel flow for some degree of cooling - but they...
Forum: Piloting December 8th 06, 06:09 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Cirrus
question about engines

Jim and everyone, thanks for your great replys- I really appreciate it.
And Morgans, thanks for pointing out the oil cooled+Air cooled cessna
182 engine distinction. I actually knew that in the back...
Forum: Piloting December 7th 06, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Cirrus
question about engines

Ok,this is probably an obvious question to many of you, but I'll ask
anyway. I usually fly in C172s and C182s with the Lycoming oil cooled
engines that many of you are probably familiar with. I still...
Forum: Piloting December 1st 06, 04:01 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Cirrus
Fixes provided in routing for IFR flight plans - VFR waypoints okay?

A Lieberma wrote:

What made it worse was my only safe
haven (rec.aviation.ifr) now has been smitten by this troll.....

But I am doing good.... Still have not made a direct reply :-)

Forum: Instrument Flight Rules December 1st 06, 04:01 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.ifr

A Lieberma wrote:

What made it worse was my only safe
haven (rec.aviation.ifr) now has been smitten by this troll.....

But I am doing good.... Still have not made a direct reply :-)

Forum: Instrument Flight Rules November 29th 06, 05:50 AM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Cirrus
Instrument Student Pilot Filing IFR

Roy,
You pose an interesting question! When I did my instrument training I
always filed under my instructors name (neither of my two instructors
ever commented on this).

So to add to your question,...
Forum: Piloting November 27th 06, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Cirrus
Steering on the taxiway

Ok MX,
How would you know what type of pilot he was?
Someone here once got on my case for saying that you aren't worth our
time, and I felt bad. I've tried to see your point of view. But the
guys...
Forum: Piloting November 27th 06, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Cirrus
Steering on the taxiway

MX,

Flying _is_ risky--the numbers prove it.

That is definitely a landmine waiting to be stepped on.....
I'm going to have to agree with Judah- many things are risky.

I haven't the money or...
Forum: Piloting November 26th 06, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Cirrus
Steering on the taxiway

MX,
You do raise valid points, and I appreciate that you at least replied.
Now I'm going to be sentimental....There is one underlying thing for
you to keep in the back of your mind here, however....
Forum: Piloting November 26th 06, 08:04 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Cirrus
Steering on the taxiway

Mxsmanic wrote:

Mx- I'm trying to find some hope for you, and thought that maybe there
are circumstances that warrent more kindness in replies to you from
people. And, really, if you want to fly and...
Forum: Piloting November 25th 06, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Cirrus
Steering on the taxiway

Jim,
You bring up a very good point. I myself am a real pilot, but do use
simulators as well. Without getting pulled too much into mxsmanics
history or trying to sound critical (I'm REALLY holding...
Forum: Piloting November 12th 06, 05:21 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Cirrus
Setting altimeters with no radio

Mxsmanic wrote:
Since it is possible to fly without voice radio equipment, and given
that (if I understand correctly) pilots are supposed to have their
altimeters set correctly to a reference...
Forum: Piloting November 5th 06, 03:05 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Cirrus
How many instruments can I use for VFR?

Hi again guys,
So I just looked through the 40 replies that this guy got started. I
have to admit to feeling like I fell for his game. I thought a real
student was looking for some help on a...
Forum: Piloting November 4th 06, 08:11 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Cirrus
How many instruments can I use for VFR?

Save your quality replies for those that will fully appreciate your input.

Allen

Allen and others,

Thanks for thinking of me :)
I had no idea that this guy was going to waste my info. That...
Forum: Instrument Flight Rules November 4th 06, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Posted By Cirrus
Another Botched use of runways

Skunk wrote:
Is it me or is the FAA about one incident away from a
disaster worse than Lexington?

Sometimes these threads are frustrating. How can anyone here who is a
pilot post a message and...
Forum: Piloting November 4th 06, 05:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Posted By Cirrus
How many instruments can I use for VFR?

Mxsmanic wrote:

All these "replies", and I can see how you are still confused. It's
been a while since my Prive checkride, but be expected to demonstrate
pilotage, dead reckoning, and use of...
Forum: Piloting October 29th 06, 04:40 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Cirrus
Flying from Canada into Washington State

randall g wrote:
I am based in Boundary Bay BC and am thinking of flying south into the
US for the first time. For a flight to BFI what is the best plan? Who do
you talk to and where? What is a...
Forum: Piloting October 28th 06, 08:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Cirrus
canadian flight plan advice for a U.S. pilot

Cirrus wrote:
Morning everyone!
I'm wondering if I can pick your brains regarding flight plan filing
for US/Canada flights.

Thanks all of you for your helpful replies. BTW, I'm not implying...
Forum: Piloting October 28th 06, 04:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Cirrus
canadian flight plan advice for a U.S. pilot

Morning everyone!
I'm wondering if I can pick your brains regarding flight plan filing
for US/Canada flights. I recently made a trip from Boeing Field(KBFI)
up to Victoria BC (CYYJ) to learn about...
Forum: Piloting July 29th 06, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Cirrus
Flying over the runway is illegal?

I just took my commercial checkride a few feeks ago. I was taught by my
instructor to overly a non-towered airport by tpa+500ft (or more),
proceed away from the airport WITHOUT descending and then...
Forum: Piloting July 24th 06, 05:09 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Cirrus
Looking for good airports in the Northwest

Cirrus wrote:
Hi Everyone-
I was wondering if I could pick the brains of some of you with more
experience than myself.... Can any of you recommmend some great pilot
destinations in Washinton...
Forum: Piloting July 23rd 06, 04:13 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By Cirrus
Looking for good airports in the Northwest

Hi Everyone-
I was wondering if I could pick the brains of some of you with more
experience than myself.... Can any of you recommmend some great pilot
destinations in Washinton or Oregon? I'm aware...