Anyone test fly both the JS3 and the Ventus 3? by Richard DalCanto
I have a deposit on both with FES system. The JS3 would arrive in 2020. The Ventus maybe 2021. Reading the POH, the Ventus may have gentler stall characteristics (according to the manual with forward CG it won't drop a wing on stall either level or in a 45 degree bank). The JS3 manual makes it...
Today 02:15 AM
by Richard DalCanto Go to last post
3 42 Soaring
Air glide Vario family versus S100 LXNAV - Comments on Winds and Performance? by WaltWX[_2_]
As a meteorologist contest pilot flying in the Western U.S., accurate winds for locating convergence zones are quite important. I'm looking to upgrade my small Discus 2a panel and would like get some reviews on the performance of these two vario/sensor families. * If winds seem to be better in...
Today 12:51 AM
by George Haeh Go to last post
8 32 Soaring
PowerMouse vs Power Flarm - Updates by March? hardware/software -ADS-R, TIS-B by WaltWX[_2_]
I hear that PowerMouse will include an ADS-B option and possibly ADS-R / TIS-B (for those of you not in U.S .. these are FAA ground rebroadcasts of ADS-B 1090 packets and transponder only aircraft). No word on whether the PowerFlarm will add this firmware upgrade. Does anyone know when the...
by WaltWX[_2_] Go to last post
11 33 Soaring
ISSUE JANUARY 2019 - GLIDING INTERNATIONAL by [email protected]
JANUARY 2019 ISSUE The January issue will be mailed during the coming week. Printers, Christmas and Post Offices are not too accommodating at this time of the year. New Soaring Potential - A location for an easier 1000 metre flight has been found in South America and we have a story of the...
Smart Phone Software by John Foster
What have you guys found to be the best "flight computer" app for a smart phone or tablet? Ive tried using iGlide for the iPhone (basic version), but it doesn't seem to have the functionality of a true flight computer where you can input a task, turn points, etc. Do I just need to upgrade to the...
by SoaringXCellence Go to last post
15 58 Soaring
Interesting Electric Aircraft Video by Nick Kennedy[_3_]
www.youtube.com/watch?v=abtj87wAX0Q Some good stuff in here. I wonder if the LAK 17 b is about to land gear up? They call the Antares cockpit "crash proof" not to sure about that.
Yesterday 03:43 PM
by Nick Kennedy[_3_] Go to last post