New low budget two seater by Tom[_22_]
Hi! We are trying to get new two seater from various funds for our club. Most of the funds force to buy new glider. Can you please help us a little bit with market research and suggest low budget two seater? Thank you all!
by Dan Daly[_2_] Go to last post
45 142 Soaring
5th year of living dangerously with LiFePo4 batteries by jfitch
Got it at the beginning of the 2014 season, 12AH Starkpower. Last year I got the CBA battery tester. At the beginning of last year it tested at 11.908 AH (down to 11 V) at a 1.5A load. Just tested it again and got 11.820AH. My panel is drawing about 1.3A if I don't turn on the solar charger, so I'm...
First glider Nimbus 2 ? by Surge
A Nimbus 2 is on the market which I'm interested in as my first glider and I'd like some feedback from those who've owned or flown one. I do realize that a flapped, long winged glider is not the best choice for a low time pilot which is why I will keep the glider in a hangar while I first build up...
by Simon France[_2_] Go to last post
25 1,260 Soaring
Grand Teton Crash by Ernst
Carnage continues, who is next? https://www.jhnewsandguide.com/news/cops_courts/article_87046564-e466-535c-a04c-b3918ec7dcb9.html It is sickening, what can we do to stop this? If it is experience, we would talk about other things. Thinking about Kristine and her passenger David... Ernst
WTB Piper Cub or similar Cockpit Glider Release by [email protected]
Looking for Cockpit Glider Release lever mechanism to fit to Piper Cub. Maybe able to modify cropdusting Dump Lever.
Today 02:06 AM
by Waveguru Go to last post
2 25 Soaring
THE LONG AWAITED BREAK THROUGH IN BATTERY TECHNOLOGY HAS BEEN FOUND by [email protected]
There is a small company based outside Marseilles, who will by mid 2019 be mass producing a new type of battery, the advantages of which will blow your mind apart. The French company believe their products offers massive advantages to Electric Vehicles – i.e. self-launching motorgliders. By...
by AS Go to last post
28 107 Soaring
FS: SN10b flight computer w/vario and USB adaptor $500 by Matt Herron Jr.
Great deal on this very popular flight computer. Includes SN10b computer and manual, Electronic vario, USB adaptor and manual, and cables for all of the above. Please see pictures at: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmhGoD5w $500 + shipping. Contact Matt (at) Digitalshorts dot (com)
Yesterday 09:30 PM
by SoaringXCellence Go to last post
1 15 Soaring
LS-3a flight and maintenance manuals by [email protected]
Gentlemen, Does anyone have copies of the flight and maintenance manuals available in electronic format? Joe
Using a Telsa or other power train to make the ultimate winch. by BG[_4_]
Many years ago I visited the Untterwossen glider port and was super impressed with their electric winch. It had all the controllable feature you would ever want to get a glider to the maximum height with a given cable length. It was something close to 2/3 the cable length in height. Programable...
by BG[_4_] Go to last post
11 70 Soaring
small ribbon chute. by john firth
This was obtained for spin testing of an RHJ 8. It might be usable for a Kestrel or other ship using a drag chute. Made by Niagara parachute. You can have it for the cost of shipping. John Firth
Yesterday 03:53 PM
by john firth Go to last post
2 36 Soaring
Cerro Gordo for sale by Jonathan St. Cloud
Western flyers will remember Cerro Gordo, before GPS is was a popular TP for record flights. https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/realestate/a-real-life-westworld-with-a-violent-past-is-for-sale-in-california-for-under-dollar1-million-—-take-a-look-inside-the-ghost-town/ss-AAyEwBD?li=BBnb7Kz#image=1
Yesterday 03:18 PM
by Jonathan St. Cloud Go to last post