Vario Comparison by [email protected]
Hi- I've searched the archives of this oft-discussed topic, but am not finding specific answers I'm seeking. If you have good experience or knowledge about the specific issues below, I would much appreciate your insights. 1) Latency with accuracy. What is the quickest vario with accuracy? Are...
by Charlie Quebec Go to last post
64 653 Soaring
stowing horizontal stabilizer on tail boom in trailer by [email protected]
I have seen a glider trailer in which the aircraft's horizontal stabilizer is strapped to the glider's tail boom for storage and transport. I can't recall where I saw this, and a google image search did not yield any hits. At any rate, strapping the horizontal stabilizer to the tail boom is one...
by Charlie Quebec Go to last post
20 148 Soaring
A few newbie questions about the sport by [email protected]
A short while ago my daughter was considering joining a local Civil Air Patrol chapter, while attending the meetings with her I began to be interested in Gliding. I'm in NJ. If someone could help me with a few basic questions, I'd really appreciate it: 1. What is the average ground speed of a...
For sale: Clearnav club vario. by [email protected]
I have a Clearnav club vario surplus to requirements. It has an analog pointer and comes with ADC, speaker, GPS aerial, on/off switch and can be easily upgraded to the x/c version. It's in excellent condition and ready to go. $1000 usd including freight from New Zealand.
Soaring in or around Maidenhead UK by John Huthmaker
I am heading to England this afternoon for work. I'll be staying in Maidenhead for about a week. If I have any free time, it would be awesome to get in the air. Can anyone recommend a place I could get some glider time in that would be relatively nearby?
by JS[_5_] Go to last post
10 25 Soaring
Marfa Gliders is NOT closing! by Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas
Burt here. I'm NOT retiring, I just downsizing my fleet, selling a hangar, offering my collection of vintage music instruments for sale, specifically: My beautifully restored 1946 Piper J-3 Cub (low-time C-85 HP.) Grove brakes, new spars, new prop, etc. Schempp-Hirth Standard Cirrus, low time,...
Yesterday 11:44 PM
by Jonathan St. Cloud Go to last post
1 20 Soaring
Pre-purchase inspection by Marshall Woodford
I found a LS-6 near Milwaukee. Can someone recommend someone that can do a pre-buy? Thank you. Marshall
Yesterday 10:45 PM
by Marshall Woodford Go to last post
0 8 Soaring
Anti-collision strobe lights by Gerry Simpson
Does anyone have knowledge of documented studies showing the efficacy of the strobe light bars which are available to be installed in the leading edges of the vertical stabilizers on gliders? Is there anything beyond anecdotal experience to support their use to improve visibility to other aircraft...
Yesterday 05:35 PM
by Dave Walsh Go to last post
6 35 Soaring
2018 R4S (New Castle) Rescheduled by John Godfrey (QT)[_2_]
All, Due to Florence, the 2018 R4S contest at New Castle has been slipped by one week. The new dates are Practice 9/22 and 9/23 with competition 9/24 through 9/29. While this undoubtedly means a few won't be able to come, perhaps it fits into your schedule now. Experience the magic of New...
Yesterday 04:45 PM
by Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) Go to last post