Long Term Motorglider Launch costs by Nick Kennedy[_3_]
Several years ago I was helping Wilf Krueger K2 strap into his DG 800B motorglider. He looks up at me and says "here goes the most expensive tow I'll ever buy" He smiles and takes off. I'm curious from those in the know, how much did that launch really cost him? Over say 25 flights a year over 10...
by 2G Go to last post
10 63 Soaring
15 Hour Wonders by Bob Youngblood
The FAA has made it possible for glider plots with very limited time to acquire a CFIG rating with only 15 hours of total glider time. This is truly an accident waiting to happen, what could a glider pilot actually know with such limited time? What do you think?
by Gary Wayland Go to last post
59 239 Soaring
Tesla Model 3 and a glider by bertvaneyken
Is there anyone using a Tesla Model 3 to tow his/her glider regularly? Curious about the impact on range and usability to go on (European) gliding holiday.
by 2G Go to last post
41 144 Soaring
Filling small holes in panel? by soaringjac
Any recommendations on what to use to fill small holes in an aluminum panel?
by Scott Williams[_2_] Go to last post
34 172 Soaring
Interior paint by soaringjac
I am looking to freshen up the interior of an old Grob 102. Mainly just want to put a new coat of paint on the interior walls of the cockpit. Any recommendations for paint I should be using? I prefer to brush it on rather than spray. I saw some enamel paint at Lowes but it says "oil-based" on it. I...
IS28-B2 Lark salvage by Frank Whiteley
Is someone aware of an IS28-B2 Lark that's being parted out?
Yesterday 11:50 PM
by Brian Collins Go to last post
7 99 Soaring
Season Passes available from Soaring NV in Minden by [email protected]
https://soaringnv.com/ You can pay for tows on a per-tow basis, which will be billed on a per-minute basis, or you can purchase a VIP Season Tow Pass. Here are the details for both options: Paying on a Per-Tow Basis • Glider pilots are responsible for having their glider at the staging area, and...
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
41 102 Soaring
Updating Avionics - How I Remember What's What! by John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net
Updating files/firmware on my avionics should be easy. Then why is it so hard? Heck, I am an electrical engineer. I have been around computers since high school (early 70's). I was in Information Technology for MANY years and still do this on a volunteer basis. I should be able to handle...
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
28 183 Soaring
Shifting CG In-Flight by Duster[_2_]
A friend has installed a system in his home-built glider that enables shifting the CG position forward during higher cruise speeds (e.g., between lift, final glide, etc.). It uses two water reservoirs whose content can be transferred using a 12v pump. This is done, ostensibly, to reduce...
1981 Cobra trailer gas struts by David Cleveland
I have a 1981 Cobra trailer designed for a single seat glider. The trailer design is of the type that has the struts located on the outside of the trailer, with an aluminum top. I am looking to replace the gas struts. I have contacted Wings and Wheels. They have been very helpful, but they do not...
by Clay[_5_] Go to last post