Undershoot Vs. Overshoot airport landing accidents by [email protected]
I always assumed that there are more overshoot airport accidents than undershoot ones. That is mainly due to our general knowledge that it's better to be too high than not high enough. Am I correct here ? Dan
XC Tracer by Deming Gray
Hello, I learned about a mini variometer that purports to have zero time lag. It is called the XC Tracer (https://www.xctracer.com/en/tech-specs/?oid=1861&lang=en). There are versions with FLARM, igc loggers and is solar powered. It is aimed at the hang gliding market. Has anyone used on in a...
Today 01:03 PM
by Deming Gray Go to last post
3 22 Soaring
Some LiFePO4 Battery Testing Results Manual and Automated by John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net
Every year I test my two LiFePO4 batteries to gauge how long they will last during a flight. I decided to open the field a bit and also tested some soaring friend's batteries. You can read about my simple cheap manual process (later automated - see below) here ...
Today 11:32 AM
by Martin Gregorie[_6_] Go to last post
4 19 Soaring
Taurus glider for sale by [email protected]
In the Wings and Wheels classified ads there is listed a Taurus selflaunch glider for sale. Originally it was N797SD, sn 107T503LSA. Currently carrying a different N number and serial number, but it is the same glider. This Taurus was involved in a hangar fire about 4 years ago in Memphis, Tn. ...
Today 05:57 AM
by Ross[_3_] Go to last post
5 52 Soaring
What is a "Site Survey?" by Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas
In responses to my "Traveling Checkride Examiner" post and questions on the SSA Clubs & Chapters group I have received e-mails such as this one: Q. "Burt - Your recent message on Chapters-SSA got me thinking about site surveys. What exactly are they? How much time is required? What's the...
5 157 Soaring
FS: LXnavigation Colibri x by soaringjac
Looking to sell my LXnavigation Colibri X. I only used it twice so it’s basically brand new. Asking $550 for it. Bout from wings and wheels for $710 https://wingsandwheels.com/lx-navigation-colibri-x.html
Yesterday 03:42 PM
by soaringjac Go to last post