Schleicher Motorglider Maintenance Seminar - 2018 SSA Convention,Reno, NV by 2G
Good morning, A maintenance seminar was held at the 2018 SSA Convention in Reno. The seminar was videotaped, and I posted an edited version of it to Youtube. Here is a link to view it: https://youtu.be/nm8nbfqXt5E Tom
Piper PA25 Tost tow release conversion by [email protected]
We have run into an issue with the rear most anchoring bolts. The Tost kit as supplied uses AN6 bolts. The existing mounting holes are AN4. Any recommendations? Thanks, Dan 765 744 4132
Today 12:01 AM
by Tango Eight Go to last post
4 14 Soaring
battery charge rate by john firth
Years ago , I replaced my PIK 20E SLA starter bat with an 8AH Odyssey; as it did not come with specific charging data, I used a 1A charger when needed . Thanks to our EAA president, it appears that Odyssey bats should be charged at a much high rate than SLA. 40% of the AH capacity, in amps 3 A...
Yesterday 10:59 PM
by Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) Go to last post
2 5 Soaring
The inadvisability of charging LiFePO4 batteries below 32F/0C (akabelow freezing) by son_of_flubber
When researching a step up to LiFePO4, I stumbled across this tidbit at http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_at_high_and_low_temperatures "Many battery users are unaware that consumer-grade lithium-ion batteries cannot be charged below 0°C (32°F). Although the pack appears to be...
by Dan Daly[_2_] Go to last post
12 39 Soaring
Flarm collision alert from Tow Plane ADS-B by [email protected]
Now that our club tow plane has installed ADS-B out, I’m getting a constant collision alert on my S80, Flarm butterfly and Qudie while on tow. Is there any way to silence the collision alarm while on tow without turning off ADS-B targets on Flarm all together. I like seeing ADS-B targets while...
New layout for OLC? by Waveguru
New web layout for OLC, at least on my phone. I liked the old layout, but I balk at change.. Boggs
Looking for an LS-3a by pjschae
I'm looking to buy an LS-3a or LS-3 17 other than what is already listed on W&W. Preferably in the west. I am in Utah. Thanks!
Region 2 North - Registration Open by Whiskey Charlie
Hi all, R2N will be at Wurtsboro again - our 9th consecutive year hosting a contest here! We are continuing the two-weekend format of the last few years. Practice Day: Thursday May 31 Days 1,2,3: June 1 - 3
Yesterday 07:54 PM
by Whiskey Charlie Go to last post
1 26 Soaring
Stinson 108 Tow Release by Aaron Thomson
Guys/gals, Anyone have or know if any Stinson 108’s with a tow release? Looking to buy a Stinson 108-3 with a 220hp engine and wouldn’t mind having a back up towplane if our Pawnee is down for any reason other than scheduled maintenance. Thanks, fly safe! Aaron Thomson Nimbus 2B
Yesterday 05:22 PM
by Charles Longley Go to last post
1 16 Soaring
Parachute Service Life Limit - there is no 20 year rule! by Andrzej Kobus
I thought you would find it useful. http://www.parachuteshop.com/service_life_limits.htm http://www.parachuteshop.com/faa_service_life_limit_parachute.htm
Light parachute for 200 lb pilot? by Jonathan St. Cloud
I am currently flying with a Butler chute. While it is the most comfortable chute I have flew with, it is also heavy. Can anyone recommend a light weight chute for a 200-220 lb pilot?
Yesterday 04:12 PM
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
6 45 Soaring
First glider to buy 10-20k euro's by Senna Van den Bosch
Hey everyone, I'm a young pilot aspiring regular 300-400km flights. Currently I have done a few XC flights in an SZD 51-1 Junior at 100-200km already but I'm limited by club members who want to fly as well. I've been looking at a few gliders and read a lot of reviews but still would like some more...
by krasw Go to last post