Search: Posts made by: T. McQuinn
Forum: Owning February 13th 08, 03:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By T. McQuinn
Color Me Annoyed

Jay Honeck wrote:
Leak-free inner tubes??????? They make such a thing?

Well, okay -- not leak "free". "Leak slower" might be a better name.
Cutting edge 1929 technology!

All I know is...
Forum: Owning February 13th 08, 12:10 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By T. McQuinn
Color Me Annoyed

Jay Honeck wrote:

Gonna need two new tires (definitely ordering the "leak-free" inner
tubes).

Leak-free inner tubes??????? They make such a thing?

Tom (79 Archer with the gawdawful...
Forum: Piloting February 10th 08, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By T. McQuinn
Discovery Flight today...unexpected results

DGS wrote:
snip

Any feedback or experiences anyone can share? At this point I'm
really torn about trying again, while on the other hand still not
necessarily ready to back down from the...
Forum: Piloting February 4th 08, 05:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By T. McQuinn
OT: was Headset Misfortunes, now: hearing aid recomendations

Morgans wrote:
"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote

They all seem to work OK. I just hate the ones that hurt when you have
them
on for any length. I use a Sennheiser at work at...
Forum: Piloting February 3rd 08, 01:51 AM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By T. McQuinn
Headset Misfortunes

John Smith wrote:
snip

Out of couriosity, how many of you Lightspeed owners replace your
earseals as frequently as Lightspeed recommends?

Now you're going to make me look up their...
Forum: Piloting February 2nd 08, 01:41 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By T. McQuinn
Headset Misfortunes

I use Lightspeed Thirty 3Gs. If the battery dies they seem to only lose
the noise canceling function. Were they to break completely I would
have the cabin speaker and handheld microphone. So for...
Forum: Owning January 18th 08, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By T. McQuinn
Battery charging C172

Yeah, that's not very different from what I've done for the last few
years. I just can't get a decent connection that way. Sometimes it's
the connection between the three way and the cig. lighter...
Forum: Owning January 18th 08, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By T. McQuinn
Battery charging C172

Not sure what's up here but Thunderbird refuses to let me quote Jim's
reply normally................

Thanks, the 'sanitary' way (remove the cig. lighter and replace with
something decent) is what...
Forum: Owning January 17th 08, 02:44 PM Posted to rec.aviation.owning
Posted By T. McQuinn
Battery charging C172

Thanks, Jim. I have been looking for something like this, though for a
different purpose. I hate the cigarette lighter outlet but I need it
for portable GPS power. If you so much as sneeze on...
Forum: Piloting December 19th 07, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By T. McQuinn
Another Ancient Military Plane Grounded

Aviation Week had a recent article on this. They said the P8-A Poseidon
is being developed as a replacement. I guess it's a 737 derivative and
the 1st test aircraft will go to the Navy in 2009. ...
Forum: Piloting September 15th 07, 12:01 PM Posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Posted By T. McQuinn
Child's headset

john smith wrote:

I have two pairs of DC 10-13Y's for my kids.
When the kids out grow them, purchase the adult headbands and swap them
for the youth sized ones.

I have used the David Clark...