Search: Posts made by: Wayne Paul
Forum: Soaring December 22nd 13, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Wayne Paul
South African Nationals 2013 - one more day ..... The JS1s are doing quite well.......

On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 09:13:25 +0200, Ian wrote:

On 12/21/2013 10:43 PM, wrote:

The fat lady has warbled .....

Then I think it is a fair...
Forum: Soaring October 30th 13, 01:28 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Wayne Paul
Some gliders safer than others?

Brad,

I believe it was Hailey, Idaho (Sun Valley Soaring). I don't know the
year. I've just heard the stories. It happened before I got involved
in the sport.

On Thu, 24 Oct 2013 18:05:14 -0700...
Forum: Soaring September 7th 13, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Wayne Paul
Boring booming days

On Fri, 06 Sep 2013 12:15:50 -0700, Eric Greenwell
wrote:

Wayne Paul wrote, On 9/6/2013 7:37 AM:
I changed "sc=1" to "sc=8" in the link below in order to look at
Forum: Soaring September 6th 13, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Wayne Paul
Boring booming days

I changed "sc=1" to "sc=8" in the link below in order to look at
Region 8. I also clicked on the "All" in order to see all the flights
in the region on one page. What I found was that there weren't...
Forum: Soaring August 28th 13, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Wayne Paul
RS 15

On Tue, 27 Aug 2013 09:55:27 -0700 (PDT), Dan Daly
wrote:

http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder/ has a lot of info, owner's registry, etc. There is also an active Yahoo...
Forum: Soaring July 5th 13, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Wayne Paul
Borgelt B50 Wiring Diagram?

John,

The B-50 comes in several version. When contacting Mike be sure you include
the unit's serial number.

Wayne

"son_of_flubber" wrote in message...
Forum: Soaring July 3rd 13, 03:25 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Wayne Paul
Schreder trailer construction "instructions"

I don't believe I got around to adding them to the Schreder Sailplane
Designs site. I think I have them somewhere on my computer. If I find them
I'll add them to the site and notify Ben.

wrote...
Forum: Soaring June 15th 13, 08:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Wayne Paul
Canopy open incident.

"Bob Whelan" wrote in message ...

On 6/15/2013 7:03 AM, Walt Connelly wrote:
I found this on YouTube and I would be more interested in what the crowd
on...
Forum: Soaring June 13th 13, 04:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Wayne Paul
Mackay, ID Regatta

Don't miss this opportunity to fly over the mountains of Central Idaho.
http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0/gliding/flightsOfAirfield.html?c=US&sc=&rt=olc&aa=MACK61&st=olcp&sp=2012

"Boise Pilot" ...
Forum: Soaring May 5th 13, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Wayne Paul
Schreder Sailplane News Group

Today is the 15th anniversary of Bob Kuykendall establishing the Yahoo
hp-gliders news group which serves those who continue to build and fly
sailplanes designed by Dick...
Forum: Soaring April 21st 13, 05:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Wayne Paul
First HD video flying from Nampa, ID

Here is Stuart Larimore’s first soaring video taken with the GoPro camera he
received as a Christmas gift. The flight was from the Nampa airport to the
Bogus Basin ski area. Stu was flying his...
Forum: Soaring April 12th 13, 12:11 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Wayne Paul
FAA Plans to Change to Radios with 8.33 MHz spacing?

Paul,

Am I missing something here? Don't we currently have 0.25 MHz spacing and
isn't the plan to divide that into three channels which would make 0.0833
MHz spacing?

Respectfully,

Wayne
Forum: Soaring April 11th 13, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Wayne Paul
Schreder Sailplane Video

In the past couple days I have come across two videos the were the result of
converting 8 mm home movies to digital videos. I have added both of them to
the video section of the Schreder Sailplane...
Forum: Soaring April 6th 13, 06:05 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Wayne Paul
Mech vario - Static vs TE?

I use to have a Borgelt B-50 in my HP-14. It was installed as prescribed in
the B-50 manual.
http://www.borgeltinstruments.com/B50man.pdf

" The T-piece in the T.E. line should be as close as...
Forum: Soaring March 29th 13, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Wayne Paul
Glider featured on TV show!

"Wayne Paul" wrote in message

"son_of_flubber" wrote in message

On Friday,...
Forum: Soaring March 29th 13, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Wayne Paul
Glider featured on TV show!

"son_of_flubber" wrote in message

On Friday, March 29, 2013 11:28:34 AM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
People that watch that kind of...
Forum: Soaring March 29th 13, 04:48 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Wayne Paul
Parachute Comfort

"Paul Remde" wrote in message ...

Paul,

No, JJ was a F-111 Weapons Officer

_______________________

Hi Frank,
Forum: Soaring March 25th 13, 06:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Wayne Paul
Buying a 1-35 pros and cons?

Tony,

The HP-14 was built in two configurations. On one the flaps were
extended/retracted with a gear/track crank system allowing the flap setting
to be easily modulated. The other had a...
Forum: Soaring March 18th 13, 08:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Wayne Paul
Lessons from Another Sport about the Elite

"Papa3" wrote in message

(Who rowed stroke and 7 in wooden 8s, way back in high school, on the
Potomac from the...
Forum: Soaring January 22nd 13, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Wayne Paul
Sheriff Responds to AOPA

"soartech" wrote in message

Darlington County, S.C., Sheriff J. Wayne Byrd

Interesting.
News of the Weird...
Forum: Soaring January 3rd 13, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Wayne Paul
Marfa, TX

Take a look at the Marfa, TX airport's runway 22 on GoogleEarth. (30 22'
25.92N, 104 00' 39.46" W) Is that Burt Compton?
Forum: Soaring December 12th 12, 01:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Wayne Paul
JJ Wing-Runner & Tie-down again available

Here is a picture of JJ's wing-runner.

http://www.soaridaho.com/Misc/wing-runner.jpg

"Whiskey Delta" wrote in message

On...
Forum: Soaring October 4th 12, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Wayne Paul
RST 542 comm "help please"

The FCC currently requires that an aircraft radio has either 720 or 760
channels with 25 KHz spacing. As a result such radios as the 10 channel
Genave Alpha 10 are not on the obsolete radio list,...
Forum: Soaring October 4th 12, 03:57 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Wayne Paul
RST 542 comm "help please"

"Eric Greenwell" wrote in message ...
On 10/3/2012 1:42 PM, wrote:
Our club just purchased an ASK13 with a RST 542 installed. Unit...
Forum: Soaring September 22nd 12, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Posted By Wayne Paul
Best performing Vario?

Tim,

I really liked my B-50; however, it didn't go to Logan with the HP-14. All
the HP-14 instruments went to Moses Lake and will be installed in a Jantar.

Wayne