Forum: Soaring Today, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wood glider outdoor storage

But Mark your glider is made of genuinely inedible plastic. I thought the roof hanging bit was to give double use to a large slab of hangar floor?

Yes, that's one purpose. But hanging it also...
Forum: Soaring Today, 12:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
OLC comment, MOP logging deactivated

Yes, the jet MOP is a separate unit built by LX. I mistakenly referred to it as an ENL.

We installed four of them on the Jet Arcus gliders we built a few years ago. (See the January/February 2017 of...
Forum: Soaring Today, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
OLC comment, MOP logging deactivated

LX is the only company who has devices for putting flights into OLC if you have a FES system.

I think LX is also the only company that offers an ENL suitable for turbine (jet) engines. The...
Forum: Soaring Today, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wood glider outdoor storage

Mice are nearly as much of a hazard as moisture. Even if completely protected from moisture if you don’t exclude mice completely they will ruin aircraft

Shouldn't make aircraft out of edibles....
Forum: Soaring Yesterday, 01:03 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
One Degree of Separation

Moral of the story: Don't **** off the guy in the front seat, and remember what you were taught about ****ing into the wind.
Forum: Soaring July 10th 20, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
eccentric wing pin tool

I just noticed the .NZ email address. Shipping will be higher, but I am not sure how much. There are also customs duty and taxes to be paid by the recipient.
Forum: Soaring July 10th 20, 01:36 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
eccentric wing pin tool

Contact MM Fabrication LLC. Price is $90 including shipping. I may need the diameter of your pin if it isn't in my database.
Forum: Soaring July 8th 20, 01:01 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Leader of the free world

Martin- Which newsreader do you recommend?
Forum: Soaring July 8th 20, 02:40 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Concealed Carry In MY ASW27

The ASG-26E is far too modern to attract Steve's interest. He's more into the "Stone Knives and Bearskins" gliders. But that's a good thing. Keeps them alive and viable for historical...
Forum: Soaring July 7th 20, 12:31 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Double dipping on the OLC??

And, best of all for us at Moriarty, they take off first and land last. We don't have to deal with either of them ALL DAY! ;-)
Forum: Soaring July 4th 20, 04:26 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Concealed Carry In MY ASW27

No need for a condom, I'll use my catheter.

It might leak. Oh, wait. That's what it's supposed to do, and it's what a mask does anyway.
Forum: Soaring July 4th 20, 03:25 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Concealed Carry In MY ASW27

Don't forget your sheep mask and a condom.
Forum: Soaring July 2nd 20, 04:28 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
L-Nav v 5.8 EPROM

I understand that you can still get vacuum tubes for early Fender guitar amplifiers from Russia. Try them. They may be able to supply bronze swords and flintlocks in case you have a need for those...
Forum: Soaring June 30th 20, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
My September 2017 visit to GP Gliders

Our ultralights fly all over EU. You have as many rules as you have nations.

When EASA came into being, you ended up with not the AVERAGE of the member nation's regulations, but the SUM of the...
Forum: Soaring June 21st 20, 01:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
tow rope handling

I will do anything to avoid having Tom explain anything for a couple of hours.

Explaining it to you would take a couple of hours: I would do it myself and be done in a minute.
Forum: Soaring June 21st 20, 03:41 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
tow rope handling

Not to mention the amount of time it takes to teach some lackadaisical ground Ops crew how to do it.
Forum: Soaring June 19th 20, 05:27 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
tow rope handling

I mounted two Harbor Freight hose reels on the back of oor golf cart. No brains are required to operate, as they are pretty self...
Forum: Soaring June 17th 20, 01:19 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Parachute Static Line?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kx-buGUOhw

I love the way he just kept pontificating as the chute slowly filled, and then when he "helped" it along. Lucky he was in a nice grassy English field....
Forum: Soaring June 17th 20, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Clearnav vario GPS

Anybody that can't find Paul Remde's email address might want to reconsider flying gliders, as that is more difficult.
Forum: Soaring June 17th 20, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Parachute Static Line?

The idea came from flying fighters in the 60's and 70's that had what was called a "zero delay lanyard" that connected the D ring on the chute to the ejection seat. This lanyard was connected...
Forum: Soaring June 16th 20, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Which Gel Coat for light repairs on S.H.

On Monday, June 15, 2020 at 4:18:39 PM UTC-6, Dan Marotta wrote:
Wipe down with IPA???* I'd rather drink it! :-D

IPA is fine as beer, (India Pale Ale) but as IPA (isopropyl alcohol) it isn't. The...
Forum: Soaring June 15th 20, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Flying pants

longest wearing, pants I have found.

So, do we want to know how long you wear your pants? Naah- didn't think so ;-)
Forum: Soaring June 14th 20, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Flying pants

On Sunday, June 14, 2020 at 12:36:41 PM UTC-6, Mike N. wrote:
Seriously? $100 for a pair of MC Hammer pocket pants?
LMAO

Try the Milvus pilot trousers for only $269 plus...
Forum: Soaring June 11th 20, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Guess I'll stick to thermal power for the time being

And crowd control will now be known as "buzz cut."
Forum: Soaring June 11th 20, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Guess I'll stick to thermal power for the time being

The exposed and unshielded rotor blades should really help the Dubai Police with crowd control. Until the first "hit," anyway.