Forum: Soaring October 28th 18, 04:12 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Flightline 760 VHF radio

Nick I bought a replacment Dittle FSG40M for 200 from europe. didnt need a wiring harness so even with shipping was 230. no complaints :)
Forum: Soaring October 2nd 18, 12:22 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CFI-G

What about the other way around? Im a CFIG and a PPSEL, what do I have to have for a add on CFI A?
Forum: Soaring September 14th 18, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Oxygen regulator for MH EDS

I was using a nelson regulator and sent the entire O2D1 system back to mountain high a few years ago when they offered a free upgrade and checkout. Interestingly the found that the nelson regulator...
Forum: Soaring September 13th 18, 06:15 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Accidents resulting from medical issues

Just what MM said I agree totally! Best thrill I ever had in hang gliding just not sure I can handle it now!
Forum: Soaring August 28th 18, 06:40 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
How high does your club tow?

The late, great "OF" Bill Bartell, never took more than 1000' tow and then only because it was the least he could pay. I never saw him have to do a relight :) I usually wait for 1500 myself.

CH...
Forum: Soaring August 21st 18, 02:01 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Final Day Uvalde

It was a long glide across a big blue hole. I thought I was the first to start but when I got there ZL was heading back to field just above my altitude of 900 I went under him and about 3 miles from...
Forum: Soaring August 17th 18, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SSA "Where to Fly" Map

Iroquois soaring is alive and well flying out of Hamilton airport upstate Ny. email me for contact info at cliffhilty (at) netzero dot net.
Forum: Soaring August 8th 18, 01:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Stall spin during aero tow? Std cirrus

My breifing usually includes " Have you towed ballasted ships before" IF SO, please tow me the same as (insert here a comparable speed and weighted ship here), the tow pilot will understand that...
Forum: Soaring July 30th 18, 04:47 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
RICO VACS - is the schematic available anywhere?

yes We have one working at Prescott Area Soaring, alas I will not be thete until september at nats right now :) I think I even have a manual for it as well but Ill look when I get back.

CH ASW27
Forum: Soaring July 12th 18, 09:22 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cobra trailer aluminum vs fiberglass top

I have had both, the fiberglass top is way heavier. I can barely push it around by myself even when empty. But both have or will have finish issues and it will cost alot more to refinish the...
Forum: Soaring July 4th 18, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Accelerated spin in unexpected direction at low altitude

My bad, mine is 272PC. New to me last August. I have reserved 272CH but not sure its worth the effort to change it :)

Cliff Hilty (CH) ASW27
Forum: Soaring July 2nd 18, 10:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Accelerated spin in unexpected direction at low altitude

Bob, N232PC is my N number for a ASW27 :)

Cliff Hilty (CH) ASW 27 formerly Paul Cordell's hence the PC :)
Forum: Soaring July 2nd 18, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
So the Discus 2 is 20 years old this year.

Next big jump will be in materials, lighter and stronger of course that = more $$$$$$
Forum: Soaring July 2nd 18, 10:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Round vs Square E-Chute

I was told by a master jumper and ex sailplane pilot that there is no difference in speed of deployment. But he was selling/ giving me his chute getting out of sailplanes his quote "this is the...
Forum: Soaring May 23rd 18, 05:28 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Soaring Spot

ohhhh Andy, you are waiting for it :) lol see you are not signed up for Ulvade what gives?
Forum: Soaring May 18th 18, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
A Simple Question About LiFePO4 Batteries

Greg used two flat clear pvc plates for top and bottom hot glued the round cells, 8 I believe, in stagared with two end clear pvc and bms board large shrink tubing over it all for the long sides and...
Forum: Soaring May 16th 18, 04:59 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
A Simple Question About LiFePO4 Batteries

I have a friend that built several, 4 two for him and two for me 13.2 volt 11AH lifepo4 that used round cells and a bms circuit. for about $50 each that was the same size as the standard 12volt 7ah...
Forum: Soaring May 9th 18, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dittel FSG71 Radio / Squelch Questions

Thanks Jim, I hope your having fun in the Ventus, Sold mine, kinda miss it but enjoy the handling of the 27 :)
Forum: Soaring May 9th 18, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Spot or InReach ??

Im with Kirk on this one I too have a gen1 spot and I hook it over my parachute strap from inside out so my neck collar keeps it on if I should bail. Its basically just over half the cost of Inreach...
Forum: Soaring May 8th 18, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dittel FSG71 Radio / Squelch Questions

That makes sense. I was thinking that I would mark where the pot is now, turn it till it breaks squelch then go back past the mark and 30 degrees sounds like a good start.

Thanks
Cliff
Forum: Soaring May 2nd 18, 11:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dittel FSG71 Radio / Squelch Questions

3U, I realize this is a very old thread but I also have a to low on occasion squelch issue with my FSG71M radio however getting it in and out is very difficult, so do you have any idea which way to...
Forum: Soaring April 25th 18, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mounting tires on 3" solid tailwheels

WD40 sprayed on the tire bead when installing helps immensely.
Forum: Soaring April 11th 18, 05:29 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
King Mountain Safari!

Damn John, Now your gonna give away the secret, its gonna get tough to get them long flights in with everyine lining up early :) Cant wait, see you soon!

CH ASW27
Forum: Soaring April 6th 18, 01:29 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Club Procedures for Late Day XC Flights

IIRC, back more than a few years ago when we had no tracking systems or cell phones We had a fairly new pilot trying for a gold distance flight out of Turf, while the rest of us were flying a racing...
Forum: Soaring April 5th 18, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Club Procedures for Late Day XC Flights

In years past on any given day in Prescott I would be the last one out and come back to an empty field. Not much of an issue as I have always flown with a Spot tracker and my significant other would...