Forum: Soaring October 22nd 18, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
FS: ClearNav Wood Stick Grips

Both are sold. Thanks.
Forum: Soaring October 20th 18, 06:51 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
FS: ClearNav Wood Stick Grips

Available are 2 of the very nice wood grips for mounting the CN remote control buttons on the stick. I ended up not using them and they were never installed.

Bore is 0.763 or 19.4mm which makes...
Forum: Soaring October 19th 18, 02:29 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
17.6 meter tips for Ventus C ?

If memory serves SH did at one time offer a kit to extend the 16.6 tips to 17.6. I was tempted to do the mod but was unable to find a spare set of 16..6 tips so I could keep “my” 16.6 tips as...
Forum: Soaring October 10th 18, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Anyone know of a written off LS4 being broken up for spares?

Do you have the old ones? Why not just fabricate a replacement if you can’t find a “spare”?
Forum: Soaring September 28th 18, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Uncontrolled Loops Elevator failure

Very unlikely. The elevator pushrod is mounted to the left side of the engine box, not underneath.
Forum: Soaring August 29th 18, 04:26 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cause of accident revealed...

The flux capacitator was not the issue in that accident. More likely the turbo encabulator failed on approach.
Forum: Soaring August 26th 18, 02:07 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Canopy opening in flight

I know of a DG400 which had a canopy open in flight because it wasn’t locked. It did partially open as I believe the pilot’s headset was dangling outside after landing, but the pilot did manage...
Forum: Soaring August 9th 18, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Air brake won’t lock

It’s on the left side and it’s a small-ish strut that if memory serves pushes straight down. Think it may be mounted to the bottom of the cross tube which the wing pins go into. When the...
Forum: Soaring August 9th 18, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Air brake won’t lock

Which Ventus? The Ventus 1 has a gas spring on the airbrake mechanism that holds the spoilers in detent. It’s probably losing it’s charge and replacing that will be a straight forward fix if...
Forum: Soaring July 18th 18, 01:30 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dream Panel

Warning related to the comment below. The VT-01 is NOT capable of either SIL-1 or SIL-3 ADSB Out so for USA this is not going to be a solution if you want ADSB out.

“..Sounds good, except I...
Forum: Soaring July 10th 18, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cobra Trailer Bearings

Google “Alco 1637 bearing” and there are several sources...
Forum: Soaring June 20th 18, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
A complicated question about LiFePO4 batteries, - and switching.

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/vishay-semiconductor-diodes-division/VS-12TQ045PBF/12TQ045PBF-ND/812018

Even with a 0.4V drop forward, you're still ahead of SLA on voltage to the...
Forum: Soaring June 19th 18, 09:12 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Vinyl Numbers

Wonder if a lint roller would be useful just before vinyl letter application...
Forum: Soaring June 12th 18, 12:08 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Radio Squelch - Electrical Noise Problems

If you can identify which device(s) are the primary culprit, installing a capacitor across the power leads to that device may cut the unwanted noise. Google “low pass filter” and you’ll find...
Forum: Soaring June 12th 18, 02:54 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
refilling O2 bottles on the road.

If you go to the local welding shop and they are willing to fill your bottle (vs. exchange) if they ask what you are using it for say that you are using it for live bait on your bass boat. Some...
Forum: Soaring June 5th 18, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Digital altimeters

Use caution with the Air Avionics transponder if you need ADSB out. Last time I checked their transponder is not capable of a SIL-1 or SIL-3 level output.
Forum: Soaring June 3rd 18, 12:08 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ADSB out in tow planes

Rather than turn off the powerflarm core, simply turn off the FlarmView that is connected to the Flarm. Intercepting the power lead in the cable going to the Flarmview and routing that to a panel...
Forum: Soaring May 26th 18, 02:56 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
TT21/TN72 power consumption

I used the settings Richard just provided in my experimental glider and the ADSB report showed no errors. You do need both the core and the display of the TT22 to be updated to the latest versions...
Forum: Soaring May 19th 18, 12:48 AM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Becker AR 620x radio - seems a little quiet?

Do you have a back seat repeater installed? Might check the volume knob there if so.
Forum: Soaring May 4th 18, 01:54 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Notable Power Flarm saves - Is it 'worth it'?

I made the mistake on the Air Avionics Transponder.

The VT-01 is NOT capable of either a SIL=1 or SIL=3 output. Therefore while it can send an ADS-B “message”, ALL USA ATC or certified ADS-B IN...
Forum: Soaring April 27th 18, 08:45 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tapered pins (again)

I picked up this level for $30 yesterday and have not had an opportunity to test it while rigging, but my thought was to zero the level on fuselage and then determine the appropriate angle for the...
Forum: Rotorcraft April 20th 18, 08:34 PM Posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
simulator question

Greetings,

While this group doesn't seem to be very active, I thought it might still be a good place to see if anyone has used the below simulator controls with Microsoft Flight Simulator X? Good? ...
Forum: Soaring March 19th 18, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Flarm collision alert from Tow Plane ADS-B

I wired my Flarm with double pole, 3 position switch. The first pole powers the brick and the second pole powers the Flarmview display. In the middle position, the PowerFlarm Core is on, but the...
Forum: Soaring March 11th 18, 01:39 PM Posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Flarm reporting my own ADSB Out

Dan,

Thanks! I had not updated the config file to show that I now had the Mode S installed. It’s now working properly.

Mark