Sad news WH by Scott Calvert[_4_]
Yesterday we lost WH. RIP Bill!
by PAGA (XA^686) Go to last post
14 122 Soaring
If you were planning a Safari... by Matt Herron Jr.
....through SoCal for a few weeks with your glider in tow, where would you stop to fly? I want to plan this for next spring, taking a few weeks to wander through the best spots to soar down there. Thoughts? Matt
Today 02:03 AM
by soaringjac Go to last post
6 52 Soaring
gel coat by BobWa43
Is gel coat crazing purely a cosmetic problem or does it pose a threat to the structural integity of the underlying fiberglass? I realize this is a controbersial issue but I would really like to hear the current opinions of members with experience refinishing gel coated gliders.
Cobra Trailer For Sale by Dan Marotta
I just learned today that Renny Rozzoni's Cobra trailer is available for sale at Fidel's at Moriarty (505-417-5299).* The trailer is practically new, I think it's a 2018 model, and it was delivered to the States with a Ventus 3 FES inside.* Sadly, Renny crashed the Ventus last year.* I do...
Today 12:34 AM
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
0 19 Soaring
Rear Seat Scoring by Bob Youngblood
I happen to be looking at some OLC scoring and noticed that there were rear seat ride along customers scoring flights on OLC as if they were the PIC. Is there any provision for making sure that the ride along is not permitted to score the flight as if they were the primary scoring individual.
Yesterday 09:48 PM
by Bob Youngblood Go to last post
5 36 Soaring
History Question About U.S. Tasking by [email protected]
Does anyone recall when U.S. contests (especially nationals) evolved from "announce the task at the morning pilots' meeting and fly it no matter what" to the more enlightened "Task A and B (and C and D...) and pick one--or define another--on the grid or even in the air"? I can't recall whether this...
Notice of changes to IGC-approval levels of 11 types of FlightRecorder to take place on 1 January 2020 by Ian Strachan
On 20 October, the IGC-approval documents for 11 types of IGC-approved GPS Flight Recorders were updated. In para (i-ii) on page 1 of these IGC-approval documents, notice is given of a reduction of IGC-approval level to take place on 1 January 2020. The affected FRs are old designs, one going...
Yesterday 08:07 PM
by Steve Leonard[_2_] Go to last post
5 22 Soaring
2019 SSA Contest Rules Pilot Opinion Poll Now Open by Andy Blackburn[_3_]
US contest pilots. The 2019 SSA Contest Rules Pilot Opinion Poll is now open and will remain open through October 20, 2019. You must be on the SSA Pilot Ranking List to participate. We look forward to your input. You can access the poll online at:...
by Tony[_5_] Go to last post
43 260 Soaring
lak12 yahoo group transfer by Frank Whiteley
The LAK12 Yahoo group may now be found at https://groups.io/g/lak12 36 subscriber transfers bounced. Appears the remainder transferred fine. If you were a subscriber and did not receive a message from me at the e-mail but did receive the forwarded message from the old Yahoo...
Yesterday 04:16 PM
by Frank Whiteley Go to last post