Search: Posts made by: Conscious Pilate[_2_]
Forum: Aviation Photos September 26th 15, 09:13 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
UK2 XA917 HP VickerB1.jpg

this is obviously the religious version of the Victor
"Joseph Testagrose" wrote in message ...
Forum: Aviation Photos September 24th 15, 09:30 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
UK2 XP702 EE Lightning.jpg

just another bit of trivia - the black lightning flash on Lightning XP741 -
two up from this post was designed by 'Bugs' Bendell

see ya

Rattso

"Conscious Pilate" wrote...
Forum: Aviation Photos September 24th 15, 09:23 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
UK2 XP702 EE Lightning.jpg

just in the middle of a book called Never in Anger written by Anthony 'Bugs'
Bendell who had a long career in the RAF - flew Hunters then onto the
Lightning - also did a stint flying the F-105 as...
Forum: Aviation Photos March 24th 15, 07:52 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
B-29 Doc rollout to-day - 1 attachment

Interesting - I was at Oakland just finishing up tanking a C-310 that I ferried to Australia when Fi Fi taxied out past the hangar and did it's first flight - must have been early eighties - will...
Forum: Aviation Photos March 20th 15, 07:43 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
UK2 WR400 DH VenomFB4 EastleigKenya.jpg

yep

"Byker" wrote in message
"Joseph Testagrose" wrote in message
Forum: Aviation Photos July 1st 14, 12:06 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
graveyard in Ohio

G'day All,

this very interesting set of pictures from an interesting site in Ohio

see ya

Conscious Pilate
Forum: Aviation Photos March 19th 13, 10:16 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Grumman HU-16A Albatross 01

G'day All,

I have posted these years ago in this group - but they may be an interesting
counterpoint to Ricardo's great shots - they were taken if my fading memory
is right in 1962,

Anyhow enjoy...
Forum: Aviation Photos January 2nd 13, 10:45 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Found in another group - Happy New Year to all the ABPA posters! Thanks for the pix! - 1 attachment

G'day again,

just been investigating the site again - came across this thread as well

http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&t=14430
Forum: Aviation Photos October 13th 12, 11:19 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Off Topic: A book recommendation.

I can also recommend this book - I got it for my Kindle - just an amazing
read.

see ya

Conscious Pilate
Forum: Aviation Photos September 15th 12, 09:49 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
UK2 WF120 Percival Pembroke Malta 1`959orLater.jpg

That is a Sea Prince - not a Pembroke. I flew them for a while.

see ya

Conscious Pilate
"Joseph Testagrose" wrote in message...
Forum: Aviation Photos August 19th 12, 10:27 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
UK2 WB518 Fairey FireflyTT6 GriffinAU.jpg

Down there in Griffith - a country town in NSW Australia where there used to be Navy base

see ya

Conscious Pilate
Forum: Aviation Photos July 11th 12, 10:06 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
UK2 MV154 Supermarine SpitfireMkVIIIC 2006-07-09 to G-BKMI Duxford GertJanMentinkPhoto.jpg

G'day All,

here is MV154 when it lived in a backyard adjacent to Bankstown Airport in
Sydney - round about 1964 - Sid Marshall had a fine collection of old
aircraft.

Also one of it much earlier -...
Forum: Aviation Photos April 27th 12, 11:45 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
P-40

Sorry - that's all I have got - no info whatsoever - but looking at them
again I see that the faces of all those involved are obscured - now that's a
bit odd.

see ya

Conscious Pilate

btw I can't...
Forum: Aviation Photos April 27th 12, 06:48 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
P-40

from a friend - enjoy
Forum: Aviation Photos April 25th 12, 10:32 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Off-topic question about on-topic picture - wright-bournemouth.jpg (1/1) [420K]

G'day,

maybe if you put it up on alt.binaries.pictures.autos - that lot would
certainly suss out what it is.

see ya

Conscious Pilate

"Netko" wrote in message
Forum: Aviation Photos February 16th 12, 11:18 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Reno Racer

A good friend has finally got his Glassair III to the US for the Reno Races

Conscious Pilate
Forum: Aviation Photos May 1st 11, 12:04 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
UK1 K7557 Bristol Type142.jpg

usually the prototypes have a 'P' in a circle in front of the roundel

Conscious Pilate
Forum: Aviation Photos January 2nd 11, 03:46 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Pima museum Batch 10 [17/22] - XF -103 C_3064.jpg (1/1)

Methinks it's an F-107.
"Indrek" wrote in message ...
Forum: Aviation Photos December 19th 10, 07:25 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
2004 revisited Cessna 310

think the polished bit is right behind the right exhaust stack & it looks
like it's been running very lean.

see ya

Conscious Pilate
Forum: Aviation Photos November 28th 10, 09:43 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Staggerwings, pt 3

My little bit of insanity!!
Forum: Aviation Photos May 17th 10, 07:00 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Me 109 G - Black 6 - USAAF Super Recce Aircraft - Piper J-6 Twin Cub

A Piper Twin Cub - not so unusual at all!!!

enjoy

Conscious Pilate
Forum: Aviation Photos January 24th 10, 07:52 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
sabre over Temora

ancient history - over exposed to buggery - but shows the smoke generating
line

Conscious Pilate
Forum: Aviation Photos October 31st 09, 10:23 PM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Cessna 172

A dull & insensitive aeroplane for dull & insensitive pilots!!!

obviously not one of my favourite aeroplanes - but they do the job.

see ya

Conscious Pilate
Forum: Aviation Photos September 7th 09, 09:57 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Plane sailing?

G'day All,

just a little light relief - enjoy.

see ya

Conscious Pilate
Forum: Aviation Photos August 6th 09, 07:35 AM Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
F-35C CF-1 Rollout

just thinking about the panels - maybe they are that proud because the
'special' anti radar type paint/whatever actually fills to the level of the
panels - anyhow my 2 cents worth

Conscious Pilate