Soaring the Cape of Storms by Sven[_2_]
Soaring from Worcester in the Western Cape, South Africa - we have some German visitors and Stefan Langer made this exquisite video - enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OOXvAbCUcc&feature=share
Today 08:38 AM
by Tango Whisky Go to last post
1 2 Soaring
LXNav screens (LX9000, LX9070, etc) and polarised sunglasses by [email protected]
Good evening all, Has anyone experienced any problems with polarised sunglasses and LXNav PNA's? If so, could you kindly advise: - The model number - The installed orientation, and - What plane was the screen polarised in, horizontal or vertical? Many thanks! CJ
Today 08:20 AM
by Ben Hirashima Go to last post
6 31 Soaring
Smart Phone Software by John Foster
What have you guys found to be the best "flight computer" app for a smart phone or tablet? Ive tried using iGlide for the iPhone (basic version), but it doesn't seem to have the functionality of a true flight computer where you can input a task, turn points, etc. Do I just need to upgrade to the...
by SoaringXCellence Go to last post
13 45 Soaring
Anyone test fly both the JS3 and the Ventus 3? by Richard DalCanto
I have a deposit on both with FES system. The JS3 would arrive in 2020. The Ventus maybe 2021. Reading the POH, the Ventus may have gentler stall characteristics (according to the manual with forward CG it won't drop a wing on stall either level or in a 45 degree bank). The JS3 manual makes it...
Today 06:52 AM
by [email protected]com Go to last post
2 15 Soaring
Igc file help. Computer science by [email protected]
Hey guys im taking a computer science class on data structures and algorithms. I wanna do something glider related for my final project. I was thinking about trying to see if there is a pattern between average vario for a task and Xc speed. However, I have no clue how how to obtain such data from...
by Thomas Van de Velde Go to last post
13 189 Soaring
Are air filters necessary on Pitot, static or TE lines? by Pete[_9_]
Hey all, I have noticed some gliders have what look like small fuel filters spliced into the tubing prior to avionics. I imagine this is a safeguard to dust, etc entering the avionics. Seems to make sense eventually what's outside is going to get inside.... However, is this necessary? I see a lot...
by Martin Gregorie[_6_] Go to last post
12 51 Soaring
LXNAV 8000 OAT Incorrect by Deming Gray
Hello everyone, this is my first post. I am new to soaring and have acquired a glider with an LXNAV 8000 already installed. I noticed yesterday that the outside temperature (OAT) is incorrect by about 20 degrees F. I placed the probe in a bath of ice water and it read 50 degrees F and responded...
by Nick Hoare[_2_] Go to last post
27 99 Soaring
New Concept for Sailplane "racing" by Steve Leonard[_2_]
https://www.fai.org/news/new-contest-concept-sailplanes-electric-power?fbclid=IwAR1mW0o-A_Of5VwgpQ-dImjBxJcnwfARnhF0ErFSWfolyhLble-enOfPP9U Camera on, drops newspaper on porch and runs.... Steve Leonard
Zaon MRX for sale by [email protected]
$250 obo nov44bv at the big g Bob
Space Soaring by CindyB[_2_]
I have it on pretty good authority that Mojave is the place to be tomorrow, if you want to see a really big glider go really, really high..... N202VG. The fellow who pays the bills was hosting dinner in the same cafe where I was served tonight. Pretty cool, since I got to watch the first three...
Yesterday 06:57 PM
by JS[_5_] Go to last post
5 22 Soaring
Guinness World Record Electric Helicopter Flies Record 30 NM by Larry Dighera
https://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/Electric-Helicopter-Flies-Record-30-NM-231979-1.html Electric Helicopter Flies Record 30 NM (Corrected) By Mary Grady , Contributing editor | December 11, 2018 A modified Robinson R44 designed and built by Tier 1 Engineering has set a Guinness World Record...
Yesterday 05:32 PM
by Larry Dighera Go to last post
0 9 Piloting