Student pilot on tow versus a blimp by kenward1000
Thought about this event recently. Beautiful fall Sunday afternoon in '89, Fremont, CA. I'd earned solo privs for a SGS 2-33, building up time towards the flight test. The 49ers were playing at home, someone is flying passengers around the SF Bay in an ex-Fuji blimp. I hear it's not cheap. ...
Today 03:43 AM
by 2G Go to last post
4 31 Soaring
soaring on Mars? by Moshe Braner
If there are dust devils there is lift! https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/a-nasa-photo-celebration-of-curiosity-rovers-3000th-day/
Yesterday 07:02 PM
by Martin Gregorie[_6_] Go to last post
9 149 Soaring
OLC in Firefox? by Moshe Braner
In recent weeks/months I can load an OLC flight page OK in my off-beat browser (Pale Moon), but if I open the page in Firefox it never shows me the map of the flight, it forever says "Please wait, loading in progress..." in that part of the page. But it does show the text info of the flight. ...
by Moshe Braner Go to last post
10 85 Soaring
First glider Nimbus 2 ? by Surge
A Nimbus 2 is on the market which I'm interested in as my first glider and I'd like some feedback from those who've owned or flown one. I do realize that a flapped, long winged glider is not the best choice for a low time pilot which is why I will keep the glider in a hangar while I first build up...
by Nicholas Kennedy Go to last post
110 2,849 Soaring