Top Hat by 6PK
I tried to connect to the Top Hat website via Chrome, Firefox and was unable to. Is this website dead?
Today 02:41 AM
by Dan Daly[_2_] Go to last post
5 22 Soaring
Alternative to the Battery wows? by AS
Ran across this short article about an interesting project at the Delft University in The Netherlands: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/dutch-students-just-unveiled-world-153606032.html Uli AS
by Moshe Braner Go to last post
11 20 Soaring
Pawnee air-oil bear strut pressure by Larry Ruggiero
Yes I know they’re problematic. Just returned our PA 25-235 from its annual, where one of ours was rebuilt (locked solid) and both serviced. Like I assume many of yours are, our Pawnee has no hopper and will never see gross weight again. So should the air side of the struts still be 575psi per...
by Dan Daly[_2_] Go to last post
17 443 Soaring
$1 billion BMS Ooops... by Dave Nadler
https://insideevs.com/news/490300/hyundai-announces-massive-battery-reacall-82000-bevs/ Discus amongst yourselves...
by 2G Go to last post
94 294 Soaring
The decline of gliding - a worldwide issue? by Douglas Richardson
Good morning, My name is Douglas and I am a glider pilot here in the UK. I would like to start a friendly discussion about the decline of gliding and whether this is an issue outside of the UK. Within the UK gliding has been in decline for decades and according to discussion on gliderpilot.net ...
Today 01:28 AM
by Martin Gregorie[_6_] Go to last post
8 49 Soaring
Hans Werner Grosse died at 98 by john firth
First I heard was on the Ten Cate podcast; HWG was a great pilot and a strong character; I knew him somewhat from several contests. Hans-Werner was a fitness fiend; after the 1972 MIT symposium on motorless flight, there was a BBQ party on the Buzzards Bay beach for authors etc.; HWG and I were...
Yesterday 11:46 PM
by Tom BravoMike Go to last post
2 13 Soaring
Thoughts on SGS 1-34 wave ship? by [email protected]
Hello fellow glider pilots, I have a question for the community, curious to hear people's thoughts. During my wave flight at KIYK in December, I experienced freezing of the controls (1996 DG303.) I suspect this is likely due to the low temperatures (-70F at 36K ft). I contacted DG and they had...
Yesterday 11:26 PM
by Eric Greenwell[_4_] Go to last post