ASK 21 grounded after November 30 ? ? ? by Jock Proudfoot
Gliding International posted -ASK 21 is grounded after November 30 Who knows what ?
Today 12:40 AM
by Jock Proudfoot Go to last post
4 17 Soaring
How does an aerotow rope break in two places? by son_of_flubber
True story. A couple years ago I ran the wing for a glider that aerotowed into rotor. The rope broke. Both aircraft and both tost rings made it back to the airfield. The rope broke at both ends. How is that even possible?
by 2G Go to last post
11 63 Soaring
ASW-19 Maximum Weight by Ouroboros
Hello. I'm looking for a sailplane with my partner and we've come across a very nice ASW-19 that we are interested in. The aircraft has a maximum pilot weight of 196 pounds, which my partner just barely squeaks under with a parachute and will probably be over with drinking water and any other...
by Dan Marotta Go to last post
36 131 Soaring
CELEBRATING OUR 12TH BIRTHDAY by [email protected]
Hi Gliding Enthusiasts We are particularly proud of our November issue which goes in the mail next week. Our team was set the task of making it our best ever so it could honour our 12th birthday. It’s hard to acknowledge that we have been producing an issue every eight weeks for 12 years and...
Yesterday 11:13 PM
by waremark Go to last post
6 28 Soaring
Greatful for this group by Jonathan St. Cloud
A few nights ago I stumbled into a conversation on FB Tail Draggers Unit. The question was as simple as it gets: Airspeed, controlled by power or pitch? I know simple, but there so many that were sure the answer was power or a combination of power and pitch. Some thought power controlled speed...
by Jonathan St. Cloud Go to last post
16 54 Soaring
US RULES COMMITTEE ELECTION AND POLL - LAST CALL by Andy Blackburn[_3_]
Only one day left! So far, poll responses are up 15% from 2017 and are up an impressive 30% from two years ago, but there are many of you out there who haven't responded yet. If you have flown a US contest in the past three years we want your feedback! Participation in the annual rules poll is...
Yesterday 09:53 PM
by Dave Nadler Go to last post
3 5 Soaring
17.6 meter tips for Ventus C ? by Matt Herron (Sr)
I just returned from the LAK factory in Lithuania where I discovered to my great surprise my former Ventus C (22 Tango) fully restored and ready to fly. The new owner, Martynas Bykovas would like to find a pair of 17.6 meter tips to enhance his soaring in the mild lift conditions prevalent in...
by Martynas Bykovas Go to last post
12 42 Soaring
SZD-55 by ASM
I am looking for the seat back for SZD-55. If someone has one and can part way with it, please let me know. Best regards, Jacek
Yesterday 07:37 PM
by ASM Go to last post
0 10 Soaring
Mt Washington Diamond Mine delivers again... by Giaco
3 New Diamonds and Lennie #1's at the Mt. Washington Wave camp yesterday. Potentially a new state record as well, but verifying the logs. Tows were as low as 2K, with highest climb in the 32K...
by RR Go to last post
24 202 Soaring
US Team Committee Election by [email protected]
The SSA’s US Team Committee is responsible for all aspects of US participation in world and continental gliding championships organized by the FAI (Fédération Aéronautique Internationale). Current committee members are Pete Alexander (chairman), Sarah Arnold, Fernando Silva and Bob...
Yesterday 04:25 PM
by Andy Blackburn[_3_] Go to last post